cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Backups fail with status 2, 25 and 58. Filesystem backups OK

palobo
Level 3

Hi all,

As the title suggest, we have a DB backup that has been failing systematically. The file system backup runs on but when we try and backup MSSQL DB we get a status 2 on the parent job and status 25 and 58 on spawned default backup jobs.

I've tested communication from both master/media to from client using bpclntcmd (-hn / -ip) and all resolves correctly.  bpgetconfig -M <client> -x returns correct information so I'm pretty sure it's not connection related.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Specs

Master: Windows Server 2003 with NB 6.5.5
Media: RHEL 5 with NB 6.5.5
Client: Windows Server 2003 with NB 6.5.5

Cheers,
PL

23 REPLIES 23

palobo
Level 3

Hey all. Once again thanks for all the help so far.

As you may or may not have guessed, my problem is backup after a few days of working OK so I'm inclined to believe that something is wrong with this client. It's running out of sockets for some reason. I will be looking into this closely these next few days and I will report back as soon as I've got some info.

Cheers,

PL

palobo
Level 3

Thanks Mohamed. I'll look into this TN.

Suryakiran21
Level 3

Did you check your registry entry , in my environment OS just works fine when it comes to SQL i have to make sure my registry is updated with correct client name whtever my DNS resolves to.

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

HI Palobo

Any update ?

One more thing i would like to ask. Does this problem is with a specific client ? did your backups are going fine with other clients ?