Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teradata backups on 7.6.0.3

tollboy
Level 4

As per the following thread, teradata backup is running on 7.6.0.2

http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/teradata-backup-failed-code-29

We have a new master server running 7.6.0.3 and we want to configure teradata backups also on the server. Right now I am not seeing policy type teradata on the master server when I am trying to create teradata policy. Do we need to install some agent/plugin on the master server for this.

I know symantec has stopped supporting teradata agaent after 4.5. We have asked out teradata to get the information. In mean while I am using my connections (This forum) wink. It may help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

did you put teradata license on master server?

license must be bought from teradata. They do support 7.6 (not sure of further release support to it)

symantec might not help here, you need to reach to tera data team only to assist.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

did you put teradata license on master server?

license must be bought from teradata. They do support 7.6 (not sure of further release support to it)

symantec might not help here, you need to reach to tera data team only to assist.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Agree -  sound like a license issue. "hidden" policy type usually indicate this.

The same is true for Oracle - if it isn't licensed, you wont be able to create a Oracle policy.

tollboy
Level 4

Thanks you! Thats what I needed.