cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Restore File

LGSC4900
Level 3

Unable to restore file using NetBackup 6.5.  No options appear after selecting Normal Backups.  Also changed date range and no information was displayed.  Also tried to change server, but the option appears in grey.  I sense that I don't have all the privileges to the server that I need to perform a restore.  Any suggestions would be appreciated? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that bit of info.

So is this a Linux OS running on a virtual machine. And NetBackup for VMware or Hyper-V is backing it up?

Then you need to select NOT the Normal Backup option.

But choose the 'select for restore' dropdown and 'Restore from Virtual Machine Backup'

For Single File Restore see here

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH159975

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

And you confirmed the parameters set in Specify NetBackup Machines and Policy Type relate to your environment and the client you want to restore from?

Have you backed up this client recently.

Suggest you perform Manual Backup.

Then retry browsing backups.

LGSC4900
Level 3

The client has been recently backed up daily and weekly according to policy.  I have never performed a restore using this admin console. 

LGSC4900
Level 3

I forgot to mention that the file that needs to be restored resides on Virtual Linux flavored box.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that bit of info.

So is this a Linux OS running on a virtual machine. And NetBackup for VMware or Hyper-V is backing it up?

Then you need to select NOT the Normal Backup option.

But choose the 'select for restore' dropdown and 'Restore from Virtual Machine Backup'

For Single File Restore see here

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH159975

LGSC4900
Level 3

Linux OS running on a VMware box.  Accessing NetBackup server via Remote Desktop.  I tried selecting the Virtual Machine Backup and nothing appears. 

LGSC4900
Level 3

Just tried the options for single file restore and the 'Browse Directory' field is now available.  Attempted to edit the date range and still nothing.

LGSC4900
Level 3

Able to perform the restore after changing the policy type.  Issue resolved.  Many thanks Stuart.

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Please mark Stuart post as solution.

LGSC4900
Level 3

Oops!  Forgot to mark solution.  Thanks sazz.