cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to obtain list of backup Images using specified search criteria. ERROR: pipe close failed

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

ENVIRONMENT

Netbackup Version = 8.1

OS = Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise

De-Duplication = Configured

QUERY

For me it seems the backups are expired and no backup images exist on this Netbackup machine. Anyone have idea which let me assume that there are backups but need to figure out the issue on Netbackup machine

DETAILS

I came across in an issue where in a environment (around 6-8 months back) a netbackup machine was shutdown. As per the administrator the netbackup machine was a DR site machine and was getting sync via Netbackup AIR feature from a Primary site Netbackup server. Now yesterday the shutdown machine had to ON/Start. But unable to find backup OR catalog. Following are some snapshots as a reference

Zahid_Haseeb_0-1706523719370.png

Don't know what is this in MSDP pool

Zahid_Haseeb_1-1706523741995.png

Zahid_Haseeb_0-1706524193639.png

4 REPLIES 4

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

HI @Zahid_Haseeb 

I'd run from the command line a "bpimagelist -l -d 1/1/1970" to see what the master's catalog knows about. 

The fact there are containers in the MSDP pool does not imply they have data in them (and based on the date stamp on them, it looks like they haven't been updated in some time). 

If this is a DR master (receiving images from another system) what is the import SLP and where does it store the incoming backups and for how long.

Lots more information required to give a definitive answer.

Cheers
David

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi David

No entity was found is the response of bpimagelist command

For me it seems that the import for backup images was not happening at Netbackup DR. It's Life Cycle Policies are blank

Zahid_Haseeb_1-1706592169330.png

Hi @Zahid_Haseeb 

From what you have indicated, then AIR wasn't happening to this machine. 

The catalog is empty, so the DR system (if it is as such) isn't protecting anything. 

You may need to revisit your DR strategy and get things setup again, 

David

Michal_Mikulik1
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello @Zahid_Haseeb ,

I am a bit confused with the whole post - you are mentioning that the machine was shutdown for 6-8 months? Then, if your DR retentions were shorter than this period, all images were promptly expired shortly after machine startup.

Regards

Michal