cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to remove AIR Replication target

CadenL
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

hi

I wanted to remove the replication relationship between two NBU appliances (master\media running 8.1) and was successful in one direction, but got an error when trying to remove this from othe other appliance. When I try to delete the replication target I get the following:

Error in deleting <dest servername> as replication target for < source servername>:
database system error(220). Replication target configuration is not supported for PureDisk Storage Server < source servername>

I was unaware that whilst I was doing this there was some networking issues that was causing the two appliances to lose communication with each other - so this may have been why the error occured.

However, when the network problems were resolved I was still getting the same error when trying to delete the replication target. So I know have one of the NBU master\media with a replication target that I can't remove using the Java console. 

Is there a commandline option I can try here?

However, I then thought I'd add back the replication target I had successfully removed, get replication working again and then try to remove once I knew everything was back to normal. But I now can't add the replication target back to the appliance from where it was successfully removed. I get the exact same error but this time saying I cant ADD the server because the replication target configuration is not supported.

There is a technote on this here https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.100030961 saying that it's caused due to the replication target already being configured and I need to select a different storage server.

So I suspect I got here because the two master servers were not properly communicating when I attempted to remove the replication targets and I'm in a sort of 'half configured' state.

How am I able to remove the replication hosts so I can re-add them cleanly?

Is this an entry in the emm database that I can manually remove by using an nbemmcmd -deletehost command? I found the following in a veritas technote that might be what I need to do but wanted some confirmations first if possible as I couldn't see a machinetype of 'replication_host' in the CLI reference guide

# nbemmcmd -deletehost -machinename <dedupstorageservernamehere> -machinetype replication_host

many thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CadenL

It's all working today - my guess is that the networking issues that I thought had been fixed took time to settle down perhaps or perhaps weren't quite as fixed as I was lead to believe :o)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

CadenL

It's all working today - my guess is that the networking issues that I thought had been fixed took time to settle down perhaps or perhaps weren't quite as fixed as I was lead to believe :o)