Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vmware issue

muhanad_daher
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Dear Experts,

if i have an ESX 5 server and there are many of host installed on the ESX, and the total size for the backup is in TBs.  Also i don't need to have aproblem in performance.

what is your suggestion for this issue, and are there any way to manage a TCP and VMware?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

yes, it can if you offload vmware backup traffic from LAN to SAN. But make sure Datastore is having ample I/O to handle it during backup.. synd up with VMWare admin during backups  for performance impact seen on datastore and other guests. You can  limit number of backups to happen at a time.. and other measures from VMware Limits under netbackup master server host properties

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

muhanad_daher
Level 6

i open case with this issue to have an answer; and they suggest to use a vStorage API.  i asked Symantec to give us a presenation to kave more idea about vStorage.

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

vStorage API this is what Keeps Symantec on top of other brands. Just go through Blog series from Abdul

Which makes it crystal clear

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/virtual-visibility-why-you-need-x-ray-vision-backup-virtual-machines

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/nuts-and-bolts-netbackup-vmware

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Refer the transport methods available with VMWare offered in NBU with vStorage API

muhanad_daher
Level 6

can vStorage solve bandwidth problem?

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

yes, it can if you offload vmware backup traffic from LAN to SAN. But make sure Datastore is having ample I/O to handle it during backup.. synd up with VMWare admin during backups  for performance impact seen on datastore and other guests. You can  limit number of backups to happen at a time.. and other measures from VMware Limits under netbackup master server host properties

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

If either of post had helped you. Please mark it as solved to close the thread