cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which NBU command can I use to see all data from a job ?

Schwarzkopf
Level 5

Hi,

I´m looking for a command line to see all data from a NBU JobID, like I can see in NBU GUI -  (NBU 7.0.1 - Linux)

I need get all data from restore jobs.

thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Soumyaa
Level 4

If you are looking for a failed logfile for restore you initiated it can be from

/usr/openv/netbackup/logs/user_ops/<Used ID>/logs/

<User ID> means from which ID you initiated restore. In this logs directory you must see the logs of restore log irrespective of failure and succes. For failure trouble shooting this is the best way to look into this log.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

bpdbjobs will give out the same output in text from as the GUI's activity monitor.

Complete documentation for command line options for bpdbjobs.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH10598

You may also take a look at bpimagelist (for complete backups, not restore)

DOCUMENTATION: What are the different fields in "bpimagelist -l" output?

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH5584

mansoor_sheik
Level 6
Certified

Hi Schwarz,

As nicoli's excellent post, you can get the jobs details using bpdbjobs. The command provide you all the details. If you want to list only certain field you can use the awk option.

bpdbjobs |awk '{print $1" "$5" "$6" "$9" " $11}' | more

Schwarzkopf
Level 5

bpdbjobs will show me files to be restored ?

mansoor_sheik
Level 6
Certified

Hi Schwarzkopf,

bpdbjobs will show the file list to be restored. -all_columns option has to be used.

For example - bpdbjobs  -all _columns

I showed only 12019 jobid details.Here the field 32 will enlist the files are restored in the job.

-----------------------------------------

12019,2,1,,,,CDCDRBAETEST,,1341757899,0000015917,0000000000,,1,0,,,,0,27480,root,,,,,sys,bkpsvr,,,,0,52393,6,/C/Documents and Settings/baetest1/Desktop/,/C/B
AE_Connections/,/C/Inetpub/,/E/BAE_DB_DAILY_BKP/BAExtranet/,/E/IISLOG/,/E/bae_production/,1,27480,,,1341757909,0000015907,0000000000,,,5,07/08/12 20:01:39 -
begin Restore operation,07/08/12 20:01:49 - 1 images required,07/08/12 20:01:49 - media STO025 required,07/08/12 20:01:49 - media STO493 required,07/08/12 20
:01:49 - media STO022 required,0,0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,1,0,,,,,1,,,, ,

----------------------------------------

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@Schwarzkopf, it is not entirely clear from your opening post what exactly you are looking for...

If you talk about a specific job, we assume that you are looking for Job details in Activity Monitor. bpdbjobs will give you those details.

If you need to see files and folders that were backed up, as can be seen in BAR GUI, you can use the text-based version of the GUI - bpadm or bp.

In bpadm menu, you can find BAR here (extract from Admin Guide II):

NetBackup Administration
-------------------------
d) Data Classification Management...
s) Storage ...
p) Policy Management...
g) Global Configuration...
f) Fibre Channel Transport Management...
r) Reports...
m) Manual Backups...
x) Special Actions...
u) User Backup/Restore...
e) Media Management...
o) Server Group Management...
h) Help
q) Quit
ENTER CHOICE:

Two other commands:
bplist
bpflist

Schwarzkopf
Level 5

Hi,

I create a script to show me users that issued restores, but anytimes I can´t see the user that issued

the restore...

grep  job_id  /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/user_ops/*/logs/*

Marianne

So, you need to see which user started a restore?

If you need that kind of control, you need NBAC (NBU Access control) combined with Auditing.

See Auditing NetBackup operations (chapter 22) of NBU Admin Guide for UNIX and Linux, Volume I  http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC3650

Schwarzkopf
Level 5

When I do a grep  job_id  /usr/openv/netbackup/logs/user_ops/*/logs/* , in 99% times I can find

the job issuer, but anytimes I can´t found that information. Why NBU doesn´t log that data ??

Marianne

revarooo
Level 6
Employee

Because it wasn't coded to do that? 

That's what features like nbaudit and NBAC are for.