cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best way to transfer NBU directories

manatee
Level 6

in a few days, i'm getting a bigger (hooray!) hd for my backup images.

in the current setup, i have "/NBU" xfs filesystem where catalogs and backup images go (i presume coz that partition goes smaller when there are backups running). the size is 9TB and the new hd i'll be receiving is 15TB. my plan is there's no need to reinstall everything as long as i keep the same directory structure so i will just tar the whole "/NBU" and untar it to the new hd. viola!

comments?

21 REPLIES 21

i have investigated all options and have come down to two:

1. add a second media server and attach the new 15TB disk as PureDisk. direct my SLP to start using this for future backups. only problem is i will have a separate media server as opposed to my current master/media server in one.
  2. stop using the current 9TB PureDisk and remove from storage server. add the new 15TB as PureDisk to the existing storage server.

option 2 calls for more decision because i still have 4 or 5 days of backups in the 9TB disk that is still being duplicated to tape.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

No idea how you are going to do this: 

"... add a second media server and attach the new 15TB disk as PureDisk. direct my SLP to start using this for future backups.

And then with 15TB assigned to the media server as Storage Server containing unexpired images, 

" .... add the new 15TB as PureDisk to the existing storage server."

But you seem to have it all figured out. 

Good luck!