cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bprestore command line options for Windows files.

Sujata_Mutatk2
Level 4
Certified
Hello !!!
I have used the rename option in bprestore before but some reason it is not working this time, I will appreciate if some one can help me.

$ bprestore -B -L /tmp/restore3.log -C cle1ap2.bkup -D cle1ap2.bkup -S opscenter -t 13 -s 01/01/05 -e 04/30/05 JR0106a_2005_2_23_* -R rename_file

This does not work but when I give :

$ bprestore -B -L /tmp/restore3.log -C cle1ap2.bkup -D cle1ap2.bkup -S opscenter -t 13 -s 01/01/05 -e 04/30/05 -R rename_file JR0106a_2005_2_23_*
This one works but it restores to original location and I want it to restore to alternate location.

Rename file is following:

change /E/POSCORP/Loaded/ to /C/Temp/Backup

These are Windows files.

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Stumpr2
Level 6
How to use the bprestore command to redirect a restore to an alternate path on the client
http://support.veritas.com/docs/271250

Details:
To restore data to an alternate path on the same client, you must create a rename file and then use the rename file in the bprestore command.

1. Create a rename file.

Use the following form for the entries in the rename file:

change backup_filepath to restore_filepath

The file paths must start with / (slash).

For example, the following entry in the rename file named /home/admin/rename will restore /usr/Dir1 to /usr/Dir2.

change /usr/Dir1 to /usr/Dir2

2. The syntax for the bprestore command.

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bprestore -l -R rename_file filenames

For example, the following command will restore directories and files under /usr/Dir1 to /usr/Dir2.

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bprestore -l -R /home/admin/rename /usr/Dir1

The -l specifies that all UNIX hard and soft links be changed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Kelvin_Leoh
Level 3
Hi,

Did you manage to get this working?

Maybe you can change the syntax a bit to

$ bprestore -B -L /tmp/restore3.log -C cle1ap2.bkup -D cle1ap2.bkup -S opscenter -t 13 -s 01/01/05 -e 04/30/05 -R /C/Temp/Backup/ /E/POSCORP/Loaded/JR0106a_2005_2_23_*

Specifying the complete path of the source file location, JR010... and to /C/Temp/Backup/ the destination

Try using /C/Temp/Backup/ first, if cannot, put an * at the end, /C/Temp/Backup/*

Sorry I don't have a VERITAS Netbackup server to test, so this is through memory. :)

Stumpr2
Level 6
How to use the bprestore command to redirect a restore to an alternate path on the client
http://support.veritas.com/docs/271250

Details:
To restore data to an alternate path on the same client, you must create a rename file and then use the rename file in the bprestore command.

1. Create a rename file.

Use the following form for the entries in the rename file:

change backup_filepath to restore_filepath

The file paths must start with / (slash).

For example, the following entry in the rename file named /home/admin/rename will restore /usr/Dir1 to /usr/Dir2.

change /usr/Dir1 to /usr/Dir2

2. The syntax for the bprestore command.

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bprestore -l -R rename_file filenames

For example, the following command will restore directories and files under /usr/Dir1 to /usr/Dir2.

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bprestore -l -R /home/admin/rename /usr/Dir1

The -l specifies that all UNIX hard and soft links be changed.

Sujata_Mutatk2
Level 4
Certified
I got in working , what I was missing was absolute path to rename_file. Say my rename_file ( that tells source and destination of file) is in /export/home/rename_file then I have to give absolute path and even if I am in same dir. /export/home, I could not give just rename_file.
Thanks to everyone who replied.
Sujata

Sujata_Mutatk2
Level 4
Certified
One cannot alternate destination to bprestore on the command line, you have to have a text file that will have source and destination file location.
Thanks