Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cluster.NBU 7.1

Arun_K
Level 6

i have a virtual master server

and 2 node.

1. How to check the configuration .i.e whether it is active/active or passive/passive or active passive?
  2. how to check what node is curently functionally?
  3. how to check node 1 is active or node 2?
  4. how to check whether EMM is active on which node?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Arun,

I have worked for clustering products for more than 10 years, but never heard passive/passive cluster. Do you have enough knowledge and experiance about cluster?

For 1, NetBackup supports active/passive cluster only - no other choice at setup.

For 2 and 3, it should be checked by the manner of clustering product you use. For example, "hastatus -sum" provide status of nodes and services in VCS.

For 4, EMM works as a part of NetBackup. Just check on which node NetBackup service is active.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RLeon
   VIP   

You seem to be on an epic quest to collect answers to a massive list of exam like questions.
If I may be very bold to suggest, sir, perhaps you are aspiring to solicit benefactions from potential patrons with the intention to promote the monetary well being of the identity represented?

Arun_K
Level 6

NO its not like that.

Please can anybody provide me with the answers?

joseph_dangelo
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Moved this to the NBU Forum.

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Arun,

I have worked for clustering products for more than 10 years, but never heard passive/passive cluster. Do you have enough knowledge and experiance about cluster?

For 1, NetBackup supports active/passive cluster only - no other choice at setup.

For 2 and 3, it should be checked by the manner of clustering product you use. For example, "hastatus -sum" provide status of nodes and services in VCS.

For 4, EMM works as a part of NetBackup. Just check on which node NetBackup service is active.