Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

command line equivalent for detect operating system in policy tab

Sid1987
Level 6
Certified

Hi Techiz,

Please let me know if there is any command line equivalent for the action we do "detect operating system" in policies for any client.

I want to update it on all clients in my environment to update there os by detecting which in turn runs bpgetconfig i guess and updates the info.

Thanks

Sid

22 REPLIES 22

Sid1987
Level 6
Certified

@quebekThanks for the technote, I have seen it before, moreover the script is a windows batch file, I am working on a shell script as my entire environment is on unix. Thanks, does anyone has all possible outputs for bpgetconfig in terms os OS and Hardware it fetches?

quebek
   VIP    Certified

@Sid1987

Well I am in disagreement with you that this is for wintel based env... take a look:

"It may be necessary to gather the NetBackup and OS versions for a lot of clients in a NetBackup environment. This process can be automated by using the following commands on a Unix/Linux system:

1.  The following command generates a text file that will list all the clients from the NetBackup policies:

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpplclients -allunique -noheader > /tmp/hosts.out

2.  Use the next command to create a text file that will contain the NetBackup and OS version of the clients listed in the hosts.out file above.

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/check_coverage -hardware -hosts /tmp/hosts.out"

So please review it again and maybe it will do some good things for you...

Sid1987
Level 6
Certified

@quebekThat's ok as I said have gone through this technote, check_coverage will give me HW and OS info for the entire environment, any which way I am using bpgetconfig for each client which in turn is giving me HW/OS info in addition it also tell me if i have connectivity problem also, what I am looking for is list of maximum possible outputs for HW/OS so i can globally make the script which could work on any environement with no changes required in the script.

As in I don't have Solaris clients or HP clients so what all possible HW/OS info does those clients give, However I can generlise the script by just using whatever comes in bpgetconfig but I just want to be sure.