cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dowload NOM

EricEvoIX
Not applicable

Where can i download the NOM? i tried the licensing portal and i cant find it there.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Nathan_Kippen
Level 6
Certified

I don't believe you can just download it off the internet (legally).  As far as I know it should have come with your CDs that you received when you purchased NetBackup.  If you need a replacement copy you might want to start by contacting Symantec.

ewadmin
Level 4

If you have access to the licensing portal, choose "Get Software" and enter a valid serial number to get to the downloads available to you.  Once you get into the portal and choose the Product version from the available list, then look for a file with a name like NetBackup_6.(x)_OpMgr.tar.gz (*x=your version of Netbackup). That is NOM.

You should also download the NetBackup(x.x)_CD_Content file; it briefly lists the contents of each available download file, and can help you figure out what files you need.

erice23e3
Not applicable
what serial number do i enter in there? where do i find this serial number?

ewadmin
Level 4

A serial number would be on the license certificate for each license purchased, and used on the license portal to generate the license key you need to activate Netbackup.  There are different serial numbers for the base license and each option license, but any one of them should allow you into the portal. 

Of course, we have an Enterprise Licensing Agreement with Symantec, so your licensing model may be different, but still you should have gotten a serial number somewhere.