cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

expiring or deleting images using the Catalog

manatee
Level 6

NBU 7.7.3

@Marianneis right. no point in finishing all the pending duplications if the image retention have already passed.

so, i'm going to expire/delete those images using the catalog as guide. but i have a question, what does the "Date" column signifies? is it the image date was created?

catalog.PNG

so if i have a one week retention for a backup, does the above says that more than one week has passed and i can delete that still pending image?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If the backup done on 16 October has not been duplicated yet, it has a retention of infinity.
This image is therefore still under SLP control and can therefore not be expired using the Catalog GUI or bpexpdate.

You need to cancel the outstanding SLP job. (command in SLP cheatsheet)
This will make the configured expiration dates kick in.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If the backup done on 16 October has not been duplicated yet, it has a retention of infinity.
This image is therefore still under SLP control and can therefore not be expired using the Catalog GUI or bpexpdate.

You need to cancel the outstanding SLP job. (command in SLP cheatsheet)
This will make the configured expiration dates kick in.

yes. cancelled first using "./nbstlutil cancel -backupid avs0021f600005f_1508176821" and then via the catalog expire.

my oldest backup id is 1508263212 so they're still valid (supposed to be) up to today and can't delete it yet.