cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to find the files associated with a complete backup?

manatee
Level 6

NBU 7.7.3

i need to delete the files (they are still pending duplication) for a backup job done last Friday. how can i find out the filenames when bpimmedia is used?

8 REPLIES 8

Tape_Archived
   VIP   

You will have to use bplist command to find the files that were backed up by the client. bpimmedia will list the images (backupid's) on the media.

1. Find the backup time of the client - Use bpimagelist or Catalog in Java GUI

2. Find the exact backup start time and end time of the backupid from bimagelist output

3. Use bplist command using client_name and timings to list the files that are backed up

bplist -B -C client_name -S master -t 0 -k unix_policy -s start_time -e end_time -R -l -u /opt/or/your_path
bplist -B -C client_name -S master -t 13 -k win_policy -sstart_time -e end_time -l -R /D/or/your_path

If you are looking for more, please elobrate your query with more details.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Also chec out the bpflist command (please note the f in the command, there is both bplist and bpflist)

http://www.veritas.com/docs/000010270

http://www.mass.dk/netbackup-quick-hints/bpflist/

hi, yes in your syntax, how would i know the "/opt/or/your_path" parameter if i don't know where the files are?

Tape_Archived
   VIP   

Just use "/" root so that it will list the files in your entire backup, which I usually try to avoid. But you can use "/" and forward the output to a file. Please make sure this command "bplist" is very sensitive to the syntax you give so be accurate. Even If syntax is wrong the output does not mention that instead it just says "no entity was found"

ok got it.

instead i went to each backup job, there the backup_id can be found and once found, i expired them using catalog. then used this command:

nbstlutil bpexpdate -d 0 -backupid serverb01_1490858540
bpexpdate -d 0 -backupid serverb01_1490858540

to "delete" them from disk.

now forcing a manual image cleanup.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Your opening post and your last do not make any sense...
Seems you were looking for image id's and not a list of backed up filenames?

Just hope you were not trying to delete actual disk images?

i don't know your correct term for it.

yes i'm deleting actual disk images because an incomplete backup set is useless to me.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You should NOT manually delete files from disk storage.

Allow NBU to perform its own cleanup.