cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i want to configure single policy for daily and weekly

Abhisheknetback
Level 6
Certified

I have one more doubt , i have daily incremental policy ,and weekly full , monthly full policy , in daily backup i have clients which takes maximum time 8 hours and daily schedule is configured Saturday to Thursday , and weekly schedule is on Friday and it is full so maximum time taker client is 12 hours .

so now i want to configure single policy which will run from Saturday to Thursday for daily and Friday for weekly

any idea how to do please sussget .

Thanks You !!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RamNagalla
Partner    VIP    Certified

1) incrmental and Full backups should be in the same policy... they should not be indifferent polices...so your current configuration is not correct..

do the below

1) create a policy

create 3 scheudles with the the policy

lets say

1) daily incr    --> incr backup type

2) weekly full --> full backup type

3) monthly full  --> full bakcup type

select all schedules to run based on frequeny.

1) daily incr   

frequency 1 in a day

start window.. daily 6 PM to 6 AM ( saturday  to Thursday)  do not open window for friday 

2) weekly full

frequncy  every 5 days

start window friday 6 PM to 6 AM  (do not open window for saturday  to Thursday)

3) monthly full

frequency every 4 weeks

start window friday 6 PM to 6 AM  (do not open window for saturday  to Thursday)

you are done.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RamNagalla

1) incrmental and Full backups should be in the same policy... they should not be indifferent polices...so your current configuration is not correct..

do the below

1) create a policy

create 3 scheudles with the the policy

lets say

1) daily incr    --> incr backup type

2) weekly full --> full backup type

3) monthly full  --> full bakcup type

select all schedules to run based on frequeny.

1) daily incr   

frequency 1 in a day

start window.. daily 6 PM to 6 AM ( saturday  to Thursday)  do not open window for friday 

2) weekly full

frequncy  every 5 days

3) monthly full

frequency every 4 weeks

you are done.

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Always create one policy and multiple schedule depending upon your need within same policy

Eg.

Create 1 policy -> Client_30Day_E

Create Full, Incremental schedule within this policy depending upon your need.

Abhisheknetback
Level 6
Certified

Hi Nagalla,

Thank you for your reply my policy is like that only my question is that we run daily schedule incremental backup, weekly schedule  and monthly schedule  full backup . now what managment pepole are asking specify less time for daily schedule  to send hung job alert and specify more time for weekly full and monthly full schedule to send  hung job alert

how to do this please suggest .

Thank You !!

RamNagalla

hoo.. again you are back to hung job alerts...

i guess its not possilbe to set alerts specify to schedule types..  you can set it to speciifc polices, clients by creating the views..

but its not possible to do it based on schedules.. may be I am wrong too