cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

netbackup 7.x reporting

jestump
Level 2

i would like to report on all servers in netbackup versus all servers in active directory, does anyone have a script?

8 REPLIES 8

Will_Restore
Level 6

What kind of report?  OpsCenter has all kinds of them. 

If you just need a list of clients, bpplclients -allunique will provide that. 

a script would be most helpful, grab the list of servers in netbackup in excel then look to AD server objects and show tick mark, green box, yes\no or something that said server is backed up or not.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

OpsCenter Analytics has a report where host names in a csv file can be used to check for coverage (backups).

See: http://www.veritas.com/docs/000062863

Without OpsCenter Analytics, it will be a manual process - you could extract names from AD and sort alphabetically.
Use bpplclients -allunique output, sort alphabetically and compare.

Unfortunately most of our script-writing experts are no longer active on the forums...

thanks for reply but too much work

guess i need to get better at scripting

Marianne
Level 6

.... or purchase OpsCenter Analytics ....

so it appears we do have this but i dont see where it pulls servers from AD and then can report on what is backed up and our netbackup guy isnt training on the reporting pieces.

Ops Center will not pull servers from AD. Like Marianne said, you'd have 2 seperate reports, one from Ops Center, one from AD. Sort alphabetically and compare in excel.

You could use something like this in excel to compare 2 different columns and output to a third column if there is a match as well as align the columns... So 1 column is servers from Ops Center and 1 column is servers from AD and the third column would be the server name if they matched, otherwise it would be blank.

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(A2,C:C,0)),"",INDEX(C:C,MATCH(A2,C:C,0))

Marianne
Level 6
You need to add AD server list as .csv to OpsCenter.