cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the frozen tapes and the fulled tapes

Tabriz
Level 5

Hi Dear Friends,

How l to know which tapes are frozen and how much space on the tapes?(with administration cansole )

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

@Tabriz 

No. The Java Console and Web Gui are totally different.

The Java Console normally has an icon on the master server desktop or you can install it on your own workstation.
This where you do day-to-day administration, run reports, check Activity Monitor, Check tapes in Pools, run Robot Inventory, etc.

PS:

Have you gone through the Getting Started Guide as I have suggested about a week ago?
And started on Admin Guide I?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

pats_729
Level 6
Employee

Hi

You need to set columns "Media Status" and "KB" under Media Tab in Java Console.

How l can do it and Where from? (Where is the java console .the java console means web gui?)

Marianne

@Tabriz 

No. The Java Console and Web Gui are totally different.

The Java Console normally has an icon on the master server desktop or you can install it on your own workstation.
This where you do day-to-day administration, run reports, check Activity Monitor, Check tapes in Pools, run Robot Inventory, etc.

PS:

Have you gone through the Getting Started Guide as I have suggested about a week ago?
And started on Admin Guide I?

@Marianne  yes l  read the Admin Guide Volume I book. l viewed Activity Monitor  just wanted to clarify simply

Marianne

Oh! I also remember that I told you to run 'Tape Summary report' (with Verbose selected) on a regular basis.

If you did, you would've seen all Frozen and Full tapes.

Really, if you are not prepared to follow advice, not sign up for training, not read manuals, you are sooner or later going to land in serious trouble.
What will your excuse be if users urgently need restores but backups have failed because of something as simple as insufficient tapes?

l m sorry ,I understand you, I am not given full authority, I can only work with a client.

Thanks

Marianne

@Tabriz wrote:

l m sorry ,I understand you, I am not given full authority, I can only work with a client.

Thanks

If that is the case, you need to direct all your questions to the Backup Administrator who has full access, authority and responsibility.