Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrading hp-ux 11.3 fail

JJ58
Level 4
Partner Certified

symantec 7.1

hp-ux 7.0 -> 7.1

downloading the clients from website ,runing the installation of HP-UX upgrade agent using install script

we got the following error :

a failure was detected runing .../nbcclients/anb/clients/usr/openv/netbackup/client/hp-ux-ia64/hp-ux11.31/client_bin_tar.gz does not exist and cannot be unbundled aborting ....

we are sure that this file exist in this directory

appreciate your help

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hopefully the upgrade will be successful once the files are joined and extracted correctly.

This is how I joined and extracted my Client files on a Solaris 10 system (still haven't had a chance to do the actual upgrade):

# cat NetBackup_7.1_CLIENTS_tar-gz.1of2 NetBackup_7.1_CLIENTS_tar-gz.2of2 >  NetBackup_7.1_CLIENTS.tar.gz

# gzcat NetBackup_7.1_CLIENTS.tar.gz |/usr/sfw/bin/gtar -xvf -

I have found a GNU tar download for HP-UX here (I have nowhere to test it): http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux/Gnu/tar-1.26/

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Yogesh9881
Level 6
Accredited

Few months bak i also seen this issue with 7.0 (linux redhat)

i guess i copied client_bin_tar.gz from some other location (/nbcclients/anb/clients/usr/openv/netbackup/client) and pasted it to nbcclients/anb/clients/usr/openv/netbackup/client/hp-ux-ia64/hp-ux11.31/client_bin_tar.gz

and again i started ./install script

JJ58
Level 4
Partner Certified

hello

in the DVD is already in the right path

when launching the script install it is giving this error

Regards

Yogesh9881
Level 6
Accredited

is your master server HP-UX same as client if yes then push client installation  form master server

JJ58
Level 4
Partner Certified

no master server windows

actually the unix expert has managed to install (manually install all gz files ) and the netbackup cloent is shwoing 7.1

but from ,windows master server when going to clients and double click on client it is giving 7.0 !!!!!!

appreciate your help

Regards

Yogesh9881
Level 6
Accredited

Kindly check below files on client to verify pack is installed perfectly or not

cat /usr/openv/.psummary
cat /usr/openv/.pseq
cat /usr/openv/.phistory

cat /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/version

JJ58
Level 4
Partner Certified

hello

thank you for your reply

i will tell you my status now ,the DVD downloaded is not working correctly when runing the install script still giving the same error as the begining of the thread, actually the unix expert tried many things and he was able to install the packages of hp-ux all of them without errors after many tries !!

anyway now we can see that we have PBX version 1.5.. and client agent 7.1 ,java 7.1 pddeagent 7.1

but going to master server,hosts ( windows master server) ,connect to client it is giving 7.0

my question is ,is theire any symantec doc or methodology to install these things manually ?? is theire anyway to install or make the upgrade of this agent manually ???

Regards

JJ58
Level 4
Partner Certified

the three pathes below do not exist

cat /usr/openv/.psummary
cat /usr/openv/.pseq
cat /usr/openv/.phistory

and

cat /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/version ->netbakup -hp-ux-11.3 7.0

Marianne
Level 6

How did you go about to join the two parts of the NBU Clients download? How did you go about to extract the files?

Please see this TN:

Extraction or installation errors from downloaded NetBackup 7.1 software extracted using Solaris, Linux, HP-UX and AIX servers.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH154080

Extract:
To extract the following images accurately, you must use GNU tar version 1.16 or higher to extract them...

JJ58
Level 4
Partner Certified

okay marianna we will check about that with the unix expert ,anything else we should be aware about it ??

Marianne
Level 6

Hopefully the upgrade will be successful once the files are joined and extracted correctly.

This is how I joined and extracted my Client files on a Solaris 10 system (still haven't had a chance to do the actual upgrade):

# cat NetBackup_7.1_CLIENTS_tar-gz.1of2 NetBackup_7.1_CLIENTS_tar-gz.2of2 >  NetBackup_7.1_CLIENTS.tar.gz

# gzcat NetBackup_7.1_CLIENTS.tar.gz |/usr/sfw/bin/gtar -xvf -

I have found a GNU tar download for HP-UX here (I have nowhere to test it): http://hpux.connect.org.uk/hppd/hpux/Gnu/tar-1.26/

JJ58
Level 4
Partner Certified

hello Marianna

thank you for your help ,i will check about that on tuesday and reply to you

regards

JJ58
Level 4
Partner Certified

hello marianne

same thing should be done for AIX right ?

Regards

Marianne
Level 6

According to TECH154080, yes...  

JJ58
Level 4
Partner Certified

Hello Marianne

thank you for your help ,i have worked today as you told me and it is working fine on HP-UX ,please let me know on AIX53 what tar to use ,from where to download it ??

Regards

Marianne
Level 6

Possibly best to ask your AIX support guys. I have been trying Google 'AIX 5.3 gnu tar', but the only links that I can find on the IBM site are for version 1.14 - not going to work since minimum version must be 1.16...

Found another site - http://www.bullfreeware.com/

No idea how trustworthy this site is (I'm not a regular AIX user) - please ask your AIX admins.

If you click on "T" in the alphabetical list, 'tar' is at the top of the list: