cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media used during daily/weekly sets report

Mike_Lawler
Level 4
I don't have an Analytics license, so this would need to be done with just OpsCenter, however, what I'm looking to do and havn't figured it out yet is to get a listing of what tapes were used during the last X amount of hours.  so for the Daily backup set it would be since Monday night (report would run on friday morning) and then the same for the weekly but the report would run on Monday morning.

Anyone know how to create this report?  either with ops center, or to automate it throu NBU and use blat to send it out (I'm good with either).
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jnardello
   VIP    Certified

One set-and-forget version, coming up.....

bpimagelist -media -U -hoursago <x>

So if you want all the media used in the last 168 hours (7 days*24 hours), you'd run "bpimagelist -media -U -hoursago 168". And no need to touch it to modify dates every week.

That work for ya ?

And Tom, of course they did it on purpose -it was absolutely to get extra cash out of us. Haven't you seen how they license NBU ? =)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

jnardello
   VIP    Certified

bpimagelist -d <start> -e <end> -media -U

Mike_Lawler
Level 4
John, that would still require user update to keep that command current (with the new start/end for each week).  I'm hopeing to find a way to just set it and forget it if that is possible.

Tom_Grimes
Level 3

Mike, I totally agree with what you are saying and I think it is an appailling oversight by Symantec to leave this out and cripple Opscenter custom reports so much that there isn't anywhere near as much flexibility as there used to be.
Why did they not include a freeform query as part of the filter mechanism?
Why did they not include a report that returns every field on jobs and media so that we can just pick out the columns that we require?

I would hate to think that Symantec did this on purpose to squeeze cash out of us by forcing us to buy Analytics.

jnardello
   VIP    Certified

One set-and-forget version, coming up.....

bpimagelist -media -U -hoursago <x>

So if you want all the media used in the last 168 hours (7 days*24 hours), you'd run "bpimagelist -media -U -hoursago 168". And no need to touch it to modify dates every week.

That work for ya ?

And Tom, of course they did it on purpose -it was absolutely to get extra cash out of us. Haven't you seen how they license NBU ? =)

Mike_Lawler
Level 4
Brilliant! Yes, that works for me John, Danke!

Tom_Grimes
Level 3

Cheers John, I have been using the bpimagelist -media -U -hoursago <x> command but this report is destined for the guys who change the tapes and it would be nice to have the robot slot numbers on there like I used to have. I can't seem to get OC or NBU to give me what I need anymore.

For info, I have also had some success with

bpmedialist -rl {n}

but you have to feed the output into excel or a script to get the info in Last Write order.

My bleat is that I don't want to have to continually write scripts to get results when OpsCenter should do its job properly.