Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Week-At-A-Glance missing current day in report

Herbert_van_der
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I have a report running and emailed to me every day.

The week-at-a-glance shows 8 days.

I have a window which is (for example open from 22:00 PM till 02:00 AM). This means that a backup might not start on thursday evening but on friday morning.

A week-at-a-glance shows Thursday 07/5 till thursday 07/12

In the email it says: Report Time Frame:Jul 5, 2012 12:00:00 AM to Jul 12, 2012 11:59:59 PM

The question is: Is it possible to shaw every day the same report +1 day ?

Regards

Herby

2 REPLIES 2

RonCaplinger
Level 6

I just looked at what you were referring to (the +1), please tell me if this is what you see:

On any particular day, the "Week at a Glance" report shows 8 days of backup data, but isn't including backups from the current day of the week.  So if you run the report at, say, 8:00am today, Thursday, you get a report that only spans Wednesday to Wednesday.  Correct?  (That's what I see when I run it.)

And you are asking if you can run the "Week at a Glance" report every day at, say, 8:00am, showing the end status of jobs that have completed since midnight last night, so Thursday to Thursday, correct?

If so, then no, we don't seem to be able to modify the parameters of the report to make it include the current date.  While we can modify the on-screen version of the report by clicking on the "Previous day" and "Next Day" buttons at the top of this report, the relative dates are not being saved in the report, so there is no way to email a modified version of this report.

I don't usually use this report, but what you are requesting sounds reasonable to me.  You might want to add that to the Ideas section here on Symantec Connect.

Herbert_van_der
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Hi Ron,

Thanks for you reply.

For example. Our backupwindow runs from 19:00 till 07:00. So this means that when I run a Week-At-A-Glance report at 08:00 it shows the results from Wednesday till Wednesday. The clients started between 00:00 and 07:00 are not seen, they will be tomorrow.

I know that its possible to click on the "Next Day" button, but when emailed I miss this informantion.

The backup between 00:00 and 07:00 belong to the backup set of Wednesday.

We're building a cloud option and we would like to make things easier for control people to check the backups. We also noticed that more reports dont fit our needs..... I think we'll have to start figuring out how to make custom reports for this.

For example what is daily being backuped per customer and deduped per customer. (frontend/backend)

Frontend/backend costs per customer. Customers will be billed by whats frontend backupped but we need to pay to symantec whats been backupped to the 5020 apliances.

Regards

Herby