cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audit vs Trending to SQL Database

Michael_Lamia
Level 2
I followed the instructions to get Storage Exec 5.3 sending data to SQL rather than Access. The Trending data seems to work fine as verified in the rows in the table in SQL. However, I cannot seem to get the audit piece to get the postings to the Messages table in SQL. I have setup the System DSN in the same way for auditing as I did for trending. Am I missing something else with auditing to work with SQL?
4 REPLIES 4

Mohammad_Ansari
Level 4
Hi Mike:

can you verify that the "record alarm" option is indeed set in the policy alarm actions.

_Shazam

Michael_Lamia
Level 2
Thank you very much for your quick reply. Yes, it seems that this is the culprit. Now I see the messages being recorded in the Messages table in the database. However, when I go to the "Audit Trail" view in the Storage Exec MMC, I still don't see anything. Shouldn't I be able to see the contents of the Messages table in this view?

Mohammad_Ansari
Level 4
Np Mike, I am glad it worked out for you. Yeah you "should" be able to see the records even if they're being written to a db. Try shutting down SE UI and then restarting the services (worst case reboot the machine if it is possible, but I think restarting services would suffice.) and see if that resolves the problem.

THe two se servies are QuotaAdvisor and Filescreen ( i could be wrong about the names... don't have an install of SE in front of me :(

_Shazam

Michael_Lamia
Level 2
Well, that doesn't seem to do it. I will have to wait for an opportunity to reboot the server. Thanks.