Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i get the notification/Emails of VVR

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

1.) how do i get the notification/Emails of replication updates

2.) what are the differences between Syn override,Sync, Async replication

3.) when the replication node restarts, the Disk Group does not Import automatically. How could i auto import the Disk Group after the REPLICATION PC restarts

Thanks

ZAHID HASEEB

Message Edited by Zahid.Haseeb on 12-31-2008 06:19 AM
3 REPLIES 3

Kimberley
Level 6
Partner

Hi Zaheed,

I was able to find information on your questions 1 and 2 in the Volume Replicator Administrator’s Guide.

1."VVR Event Notification"
VVR provides the vrnotify utility to notify administrators of VVRspecific events, such as SRL full, resynchronization complete, etc. Youcan receive notification for a VVR event on the Primary or Secondarynode, or both the nodes in an RDS.
The vrnotify command enables you to write a script that receives VVRevent notification and notifies administrators of these events throughemail, pager, etc.

2. You'll find info about this in the 'Modes of Replication' chapter inthe "VERITAS Volume Replicator Administrator’s Guide" - select theguide for your specific platform. You'll find additional information inthe "VERITAS Volume Replicator Planning and Tuning Guide"

You'll need to download the guide for your specific platform. Here's the list of Storage Foundation docs - most of the Volume Replicator docs are on pages 2-3 of the list.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/documentation.jsp?language=english&view=manuals&pid=15278

Hope this helps.

Best,

Kimberley

Rishi_Bhaskar
Level 3
go to control panel >storage agent >smtp configuration enter your mailserver settings

Gaurav_S
   VIP    Certified
Hello Zaheed..

I hope you Q1 & Q2 are answered with VR Admin guide as mentioned by Kimberley above.....

For Q3, first thing let me know is, what OS is it ? is it a unix platform or windows ?

If it is a unix platform, do you have autoimport flag set on the disks ? Autoimport of diskgroup is decided on the base of autoimport flag set on the disks of diskgroup

see here

# vxdisk list c1t50060E801029E2E0d0s2
Device: c1t50060E801029E2E0d0s2
devicetag: c1t50060E801029E2E0d0
type: auto
hostid: punt1000-c4p
disk: name=vrdg01 id=1237966435.65.punt1000-c4p
group: name=vrdg id=1237966474.70.punt1000-c4p
info: format=cdsdisk,privoffset=256,pubslice=2,privslice=2
flags: online ready private autoconfig autoimport imported <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< see here

If the flag is set, diskgroup will be autoimported...

You can tweak this flag with  " # vxdg -t import <diskgroup>" command

Hope this helps..

Gaurav