cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BESR 8.5 SBS Edition Upgrade Question

Snakepit
Level 2

Hi Folks,

i tried to call and mail the german Symantec so-called "Support" to get the answers to some questions.
I've given up after the fourth call... The german "support" is a real disgrace.

We have BESR 8.5 SBS Edition running on an MS SBS2008 Server.
The License was bought, installed and activated in September 2009.
Now we have a second Server (Terminalserver) running MS Server 2008 R2 which i want to backup with BESR.

1. What is the article/SKU/Whatever Number of the second BESR 8.5 agent i'll need to backup the 2nd Server?
2. Will a BESR 12 Agent run with the BESR 8.5 SBS on the "main" Server?
3. Is there a way to Upgrade from BESR 8.5 SBS to BESR 2010 SBS?
4. What  is the article/SKU/Whatever number of the mentioned Upgrade in #3 ?
5. What  is the article/SKU/Whatever number of the second BESR 2010 Agent to backup my new 2008 R2 Server?

regards,

Peter

2 REPLIES 2

__x_so_fab_x__
Level 3
Employee

Enterprise Customer Care will be able to assist you.

You may reach them at 1-800-721-3934 and select option 2 for you to reach Licensing Team, and they can be able to provide you all the information that you need and if you're entitled for the upgrade to BESR SBS 2010.

nhej-
Level 5
Employee
Regarding you number 1245 question, you may call our sales department at 1-800-745-6054 opt3 so they can check the SKU.
With you number 3 question, if you have a valid support for BESR 8.5 SBS, you will be eligible to upgrade to BESR SBS 2010 for free. But if you dont have a valid support for BESR SBS 8.5, you need to purchase the upgrade license to BESR SBS 2010.