cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSER 7.01 Changelog?

StorkGLT
Level 2
I cant find the cangelog of 7.01 anywhere on this site.
Is it important to install/upgrade this new version?

11 REPLIES 11

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Hello,

I would highly recommend any customers working through issues with BESR 7.0 to install the service pack which has just been released.

A list of issues that have been addressed in the service pack will be released shortly.

Thanks.

Lasse_Thomsen
Level 4
Hi Bill,

Do you have any ETA on when we might get the change log. Also a ftp link for the upgrade would be very useful.

I for one has quite a big roll out on my to-do list and would rather wait till I get 7.01, than roll out now, get problems and then get told to upgarde to the latest service pack. I'm sure im not the only one who has a large number of servers that can only be re-booted and worked on outside of normal hours.

Cheers

Alex_Leung
Level 3
Yes, I think I speak for a lot of customers. We require the change log. We are not about to deploy an arbitary update without knowing what impact it will have on our infrastructure.

When managing hundreds or thousands of servers, we can't just deploy an update unless we know what it does first.

A change log (or when it can be expected) will be greatly appreciated.

SLM
Not applicable
I'll be installing it (when I find it) change log or no. The unpatched version is....not very good.  I have it installed on five systems and it only works consistently on two of them.

Chris_Cowling
Level 3
Partner Accredited
What's up with LiveUpdate?
I don't see 7.01 on there.

My Backup Exec 11d didn't update from the .6235 to .7170 version.
Even if the updates are too major to apply using LiveUpdate why not put a text entry there with a link so customers are informed?

I was assuming that if I ran LiveUpdate every "patch Tuesday" on my servers I'd be up to date. Not so.
Big drawback.
-Chris

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Hello,

In some cases, updates for Backup Exec System Recovery may be available throuth Live Update.  The recently released BESR 7.01 service pack is distributed in the form of a new build of the product, which makes it a non-candidate for the Live Update process.

Your idea about distributing a message through Live Update informing customers of an updates availability, even if the update itself isn't available via Live Update, is a good idea.

I'll make sure it's captured and considered for future releases.

Thanks.

Alex_Leung
Level 3
Is there an upgrade patch from 7.0 to 7.01?
When I go to FileConnect, I can only download the full version. I don't want to have to reinstall LiveState on all the servers I have it deployed on.

Sagewah
Not applicable
Has there been any movement on this?

We're having a number of issues with our BESR installs; chief among them the fact that we cannot do an image based backup of GPT partitions. Any word on whether or not 7.01 addresses this?

Bill_Felt
Level 6
Hello,

Backup Exec System Recovery 7.01 does not support backing up GPT disks.  We plan on addressing this issue in a future release of the product.

Thanks.

MG_2
Level 2
Hello!

Well, 7.0.2 has come out and completely broken what little GPT support there was - now we can't even see the drives to perform a file based backup. However, I guess this means the GPT code is being worked on and we should therefore try to see this as a positive step.

Is there any time frame for the inclusion of GPT support? When we purchased this product - several copies - there was no indication that it would not work. It has been many months now and instead of getting better, the situation has grown worse. I need to know where to go next - do I keep this product in the hopes it will soon perform as advertised, or do I move to another solution altogether?

Rich_L
Level 6
Employee
MG,

You should be able to see the GPT partitions if you select the option to 'Show Hidden Drives'.  Then the drives may be able to be backed up as an Independent Recovery Point.

The GPT code is being worked on.  I do not, however, know the version that will have GPT support.

Regards,
Rich L