cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comandline Parameter for v2isr.exe don't work

SSR20xx
Level 4

Hello,

i have wrote a batchfile which start the recovery gui automatically.

I use the following command in my batch.

V2ISR.exe -ORM -ONVB -RAF

Parameter
-ORM for "Restore MBR"
-ONVB for "No verify before restore"
-RAF for "Reboot after finish"

The Parameter -ORM and -RAF is ok, but the -ONVB do nothing.

parameter dont work_1.png

"Verify recovery point before recovery" always on. why is this so?

Kind regards

14 REPLIES 14

criley
Employee Accredited

Can you please confirm the version of System Recovery you are using (including service pack level)?

SSR20xx
Level 4

Hello Chris,

i use the version 11.1.4.55331.

criley
Employee Accredited

Can you try again with SP5 version (11.1.5)? You can download it here:

https://www.veritas.com/trial/en/us/system-recovery-2013-server-edition.html

SSR20xx
Level 4

No, it don't works with SP5.

parameter -onvb_0.png

criley
Employee Accredited

Could you open a support case for this please?

SSR20xx
Level 4
Is there a command line parameter to deactivate the minisetup in restore anyware? I think only the Option "delete driver" is useful for the Recovery. I Need this in my batchfile.

criley
Employee Accredited

From what I have been told, minisetup is not enabled even when using the switch for restore anyware. There is another switch you have to use to enable it.

Are you seeing something different then?

SSR20xx
Level 4

Hello Chris,

mmh, now i have a backup to recover on a different hardware. the option restore anyware is automatically set. this is right. but the option run minisetup ist set automatically too. i do not want to this so. when restore anywhere is set automatically i do not want to use run minisetup too. is here a commandline parameter to disable run minisetup when restore anyware is used?

criley
Employee Accredited

How do you know that minisetup is enabled?

What is the full command you are using?

SSR20xx
Level 4
V2ISR.exe -ORM -ONVB -RAF

At the moment i call the recovery process from my batch with this command.

Yesterday, i have tested a recovery to a different hardware. The option restore anyware is automatically checked. Also the option "Delete drivers" and "Run Minisetup". The last two options i don't manage by a parameter of v2isr.exe. I recovered the backup to the different hardware and it works with this two option, too.

For what exactly is the option "Run Minisetup"? what do this option?

Next question? i don't understand the different between the new option "ignore recovery point corruption during restore" and "Do not verify recovery point before restore"? Technically is this the same? When i choose "do not verify before recovery" i decide to copy the backup without check to the new harddisk. When i choose "ignore recovery point corruption during restore" i think this do the same? :)

criley
Employee Accredited

The Run Windows Mini-Setup option just enables the sysprep process. For newer operating systems (2008 and above), this is not required and should be disabled.

Ignore recovery point corruption during restore - this will allow restore to continue even when corruption is found. Obviously, depending on the level of corruption, some data may not be restored.

Do not verify recovery point before restore - this just disables the verify option before restore is started.

SSR20xx
Level 4
You wrote that the Option "run minisetup" is Not required. Is the Option "delete driver" which is checked by default, not required too? Can i always uncheck all three option when i restore a Windows 7 machine? Or should i only uncheck run minisetup?

SSR20xx
Level 4
Is there any way to disable automatically the Option "run minisetup" by a Switch of v2isr.exe or over a registry key? When the Backup will be restored to a different Hardware the Option restore anywhere and run minisetup checked by default. I want automatically restore the Backup so far as possible. Can i Control ssr2013 by a vbs Script too? Or only by powershell scripts? Thanks

criley
Employee Accredited

If you are restoring to different hardware, you should leave 'Delete existing drivers' enabled.

Just disable the option for mini-setup.

Did you open a support case for the issue with the verify option?