cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error installing BESR 8.5 via BESR 2010 Management Solution

Jon_Sumida
Level 5

I am trying to install BESR 8.5 on a Windows 2000 machine from my BESR 2010 Management Solution console. I have successfully installed the Altiris agent and the BESR plug-in.  After going into Packages and Policies and creating a policy to install BESR 8.5 with user interface--automatic restart, I saved the policy and made sure that in the "Applied to" field that the target PC was properly identified. I save the changes and go to Windows 2000 machine. I see the installation interface and it I start it, then in the Altiris agent status is says "Failed to Start". The agent says the installation package was downloaded successfully so I'm not sure what the issue is. I checked the C:\WINNT\TEMP directory for the BESR install log but it doesn't seem to even record this event. So I looked in the C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\Logs directory and I find some logs that show the event. I don't know what the logs mean so I am attaching them.

The only thing I did before this was mistakenly tried to deploy BESR 2010 to this Windows 2000 PC in a previous test. It failed, but the log showed it tried to install unlike this one where it just fails to start. Any ideas would be great. Thanks
1 REPLY 1

Kimboaticus
Level 2

I too have the same issue.  I found that the folder on the BESR 2010 Management Server that should contain the install files for the 8.5 agent was empty (same with the 8.0 folder too).  So it would seem that the remote server ends up downloading nothing and then tries to run that nothing and it fails.  Surprise!  I am trying again by manually placing the 8.5.5 install files in that folder to see if it works.