cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSR in Western Australia (DST)

Jonathan_Ponton
Level 3
Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me how LSR should be affected by Daylight Savings? I am in Perth, Western Australia and we have just started daylight savings for the first time in several years.

MS released a patch for daylight savings, which worked fine, however it appears to have broken LSR (version 3 and 6). I have tested this by simply unticking the "Automatically adjust clock for daylight savings" option under timezone settings on servers. After unticking this option, LSR starts working again.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?
8 REPLIES 8

Greg_2
Level 1
Hi Jonathon, This is truly a bit of a nightmare. We have lost the ability to view, backup, etc on all of our backup servers and desktops. we use both LSR 6.0 Desktop, LSR AS 6.02 and BESR 6.5 and all exhibit the same problem. It only hapenned after deploying the MS patch for WA DS timezone. We have changed out timezones to GMT +9 and it's working again now. I cannot afford to wait for the Symantec Engineers to come up with a solution. At least this gets us some backups.

Steve_Meyers
Level 2
Hi Guys,

Symantec have advised you will have to install BESR 6.5.3.

Have downloaded and tested all is OK.

You will need a current support agreement for the patch and licensing.

Cheers,

Steve

Not applicable
Where abouts is the 6.5.3 download?
Can only locate the base 6.5 version 6.5.0.xxxxx

Having the same problem here:\

Aimee_Barborka
Level 3
You can download BESR 6.5.3 from the following site. It will act as a trial version for 30 days, until you install your license.

Please go to https://fileshare.symantec.com, login using the information below and click on the 'shared folder' tab. (The information is case sensitive.) Put a check in the box, and click �download� to start the transfer of the software to your computer. Please note that the speed of the download depends on various factors.

LOGIN ID: besr65

PASSWORD: BKUeS65?

FILENAME: BESystemRecovery653AllWinEnglish.zip

Once you have downloaded the .zip file, unzip it to find the ISO file. Use the latest version of most CD-R burning software (i.e. Ahead Nero, Roxio EZCD Creator, Stomp, etc.) to create a CD from this ISO file. The CD you create will be identical to the actual product CD.

The password to FileShare will be changed on Wednesday, 20-Dec-2006

Steve_Meyers
Level 2
Hi Guys,

I stand corrected on above - below is the latest for Symantec........

Cheers,

Steve

To All End Users in W.A that use Backup Exec System Recovery and Live State Recovery

In our previous update, we have provided to link to download BeSR 6.5.3. This is going to be the final update on this issue, as we have resolved the issue with patched versions of BeSR/LSR being released to counteract the Daylight Savings Patch issue. Once again, thank you for your patience.

In this email, there will be information on:

Instructions
Download
Explanation of version numbers and which to upgrade to
Licensing
Support on Sunsetted products

Instructions:
Basically, our recommended instruction is to download the new version, which is ISO format and burn it to a CD. During the upgrade our suggestions to save time, is that you can install the newer version on top of the old one, thus you do not need to uninstall/remove the previous version of BeSR/LSR from your machine.

For our customers who cant reboot their machines. You will only have to restart some of our services and processes for it to function properly.
You will have to completely install BESR 6.5.3/LSR 6 over the top of your previous version. However, since the fix is unrelated to the snapshot driver, one should be able to answer "No" to the reboot prompt and have it work immediately. We have tried this on our test environmentand was able to immediately re-run BESR and start taking backups. You may need to manually restart VProTray.exe (end the process in task manager and re-run it from C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup exec System Recovery\agent\vprotray.exe) after reinstalling if you do not reboot. { The directory would be under LiveState Recovery if it is LSR}

Download:

We have moved the versions away from our FileShare server and onto a FTP Server: Please connect to our FTP Below, we will host this for a little while. The credentials are as follows:

ftp://210.193.235.121

LSR 6.02 (WA)
Username: LSR602WA
Password: qBk7Uw0ji
NOTE: Connecting into this Folder, will allow you to download Live State Recovery , Desktop, Standard and Advanced Server

BESR 6.5.3
Username: BESR653
Password: mgeU5ev5D
NOTE: Download this if you are using BackUp Exec System Recovery 6.5. It should automatically check your license and automatically change itself to the version you are using.

Explanation of Version:

Due to confusion with our version numbers. I will attempt to explain the confusion below.

Many customers will have already downloaded 6.5.3. Once installed or in Windows you can see that it is either 6.5.2 or 6.5.0. The .3 actually stands for the build number 6.5.0.17893 . So as long as you downloaded the Version from our FTP and upgrade to your servers, the issue with Daylight Savings Should dissapear. We didn�t modify the core version number and only changed the build number. Due to the region specific issue, the version you are downloading is only made available for Western Australian Customers.

If you are using any Live State Recovery Software, then you would have to download the product which is in Sync with your own.

LSRA6.x to LSRA 6.02 < Once again, we didn�t modify the version number, just make sure you know which one you are using >
LSRS6.x to LSRS 6.02
LSRD6.x to LSRD 6.02

Support for Live State Recovery 3.x

Unfortunelately, we have sunsetted Live State Recovery 3.x, so our developer didn't build a patch or a new release for LSR 3.x. That product has already been sunsetted and we do not provide support for it. We only provide best effort support, if you are using that product. One is able to use that product, but one will have to Disable the W.A Daylight Savings Feature.

Licensing:

We are aware, that if you are upgrading to BeSR 6.5.x you will need a new license file. So as courteous from the Customer Care team, they have provided instructions for you to obtain your licensing files from our new licenseing portal, as a lot of our customers are experiencing long delays with the Licensing portal, they have provided instructions and a link to log cases on Non-technical queries so that one wont have to wait in the que.

I have attached the Document to this email. Please go through that document, as it provides instructions for you to obtain a license file if you need one.

For our Live State Recovery users, you are able to utilise the same license file. Only if you are upgrading to BeSR 6.5.x , then you will need to download a new one.

For your information: After sending this email, we will close the case if we dont hear from you. If you would like to reply and have further queries regarding the Daylight Savings issue, please reply with YOUR CASE NUMBER in the Subject Field, with the amount of Email Addresses we received, we cannot co-orindate via Email Address, so please Type in your CASE number in the Subject Field. Thank you for your Co-operation.

If you have any non-technical queries, please log cases through My Support, and a Customer Care agent will reply shortly.
**Please log post-sales non-technical queries with SYMANTEC Customer Care at https://mysupport.symantec.com/
**Please contact Symantec Enterprise Technical Support if you have other issues.

Once again on behalf of Symantec, thank you for your patience. Once again, we apologies for the inconvenice caused.

***Special Thanks to Region Level 2, Global Level 2, Devlopers and our Technical Support Engineers in the IMS Team.

Kind Regards,

Symantec IMS Team.

P_T
Not applicable
Hi Steve,

Are you able to provide me with the patch for Livestate Recovery Desktop 6 as the username and password no longer works

Gajanan_Mudalia
Not applicable
Hi Steve,

I wanted to know where can I get a Japanese version of BESR 6.5.3?

Thanks
Gajanan

Jonathan_Ponton
Level 3
Has anybody found issues with installing this latest version on Windows 2000? I am having an issue where Windows 2000 server hang on reboot when this product is installed. Once it is uninstalled, it reboots fine again.