cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LiveState Error E7D10041

David_Walsh_2
Level 3
Hi,

Can anyone please tell me what this means and how to resolve it? I have two servers which I am trying to backup with LiveState.  When I define my backup jobs on the first server, everything goes OK.  When I try to define my backup jobs on the second server, I get the following error.  I want to backup both servers to a share on a third server as the destination.  I have tried different share names and different folder names on the third server.  I have tried different domain user accounts for each of the source servers when defining the backup jobs.  None of these have worked.  In my opinion the Symantec "solution" of creating a new folder, sharing it, and moving the existing image files to the new folder is NOT a "solution", it is a bodge workaround, and in fact doesn't even work!!

Error E7D10041: Unable to establish a network connection to \\SERVER\SHARE. Error 000004C3: Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed.  Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and tty again. (0xE7D10041)

I am currently in a position where I cannot backup my servers because of this stupid error message.

Thanks in advance,
D.

7 REPLIES 7

mulmer
Not applicable
Hi,

I have a similar problem running Ghost 12 for two laptops. On my laptop backup to a file server works fine. On my wife's laptop I get the Error E7D10041. The hardware and software configuration of both laptops is almost identical. Access to the folder on the file server through Vista tools works without problem, even for writing and folder creation. I tried turning of NIS, giving full access to the folder, nothing works.

Milton

MG_2
Level 2
Do you already have the share you are backing up to mounted on the server? i.e. if you are backing up to \\NAS\backups and have it mounted as f:\ during normal usage? That would cause BESR to fall over when it tried to simultaneously mount the share.

BnBnBn
Not applicable
I too am having the exact same problem as post 1 on various servers running MS Server 2003 (SP1 in most cases however some without).  The backup job will run fine for a couple of weeks after install and then all of a sudden the job will start failing with the "Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user" error.

Has anybody found a solution to this problem at all? 

I do not have the share I am backing up to already mounted on any of these servers and as I have said above the backups work fine to begin with with no errors.

I am running Backup Exec System Recovery Server Edition 7.0.0.20351.

Hardware wise there does not appear to any common theme between the servers and software wise they are all running MS Server 2003 Standard Edition with various service packs.  I am successfully running backups on about 20 servers and having problems on about 4-5.  I cannot find a common theme between the 4-5 that are failing (ie. they are not all on SP1 or the same hardware).

I have also tried to reinstall Backup Exec System Recovery with the same error resulting (I did a clean install without keeping any of the previous settings).  Deleting and recreating the jobs also met with no success although the initial backup job did run fine when I checked the "Run Backup Now" box after defining the backup job.

Any ideas would be gratefully accepted.

RichardW_2
Not applicable
I am having the same trouble with Windows Server 2003 servers after upgrading from BackupExec System Restore 6.5 to 7.0.  Apparently you cannot run the service under the same user account as you use for credentials when setting up a job.  I do not understand it, because it works on some servers and not others; and it will begin failing on some servers after having worked for weeks or months.

ANONYM0US
Level 4

Try using "\\ip_address\sharename" to access the share. This appears to be a bug in M$ Windows XP, and I encountered the same problem in Server 2003. Smiley Surprised (Shared code base between XP and WS2K3?) I stumbled into the solution trying to get a Buffalo NAS drive to be recognized by BESR. The symptoms appear to be similar.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938120/en-us

Why would you want multiple connections to a server anyways?!? Smiley Very Happy

Good luck!

edit: tpyo!

Message Edited by ANONYM0US on 02-06-2008 04:25 PM

PEBKAC
Not applicable
This is a common issue that I find happens all the time to my systems. All I do is edit the job and refresh the connection to the share and everything works great after that.

Spartacus
Level 2
I got the same error # E7D10041 and same message. I tried so many things that didn't work including substituting the servername with server's ip address. Then I tried not providing any network credential at all during backup job creation and the backup job runs as configured for 3 days now. Now I'm gonna test if it continues to run for 1 month and also what will happen when I change my network account password (which I'm assuming the backup job is using since I didn't provide any credential when I created the job).

Hope this helps.