cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost the restore Password for Backups

echos
Level 2

Hi,

we use Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 to too our backups. But now i have the problem that the backups are locked by a password.

The password for the backup files is stored in one of the partitions Which I need to restore. The original partition no longer exists. Since we have resolved the raid to provide the individual partitions more storage space. 

This is what our drive list looks like. The drives with the red cross are the newly created. The blue with the question mark are the old original drives that were deleted.

My drive listMy drive list

I tried to restore the file with the password with a tool which restores files.Unfortunately, this only resulted in data waste. See attachement

Is there any way to reset this password? Because we have lost a lot of Data.

I have try this solution https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH128501

But rename the RPAM_Cache.dat did not help. SSR still asks me for a password.

However, I have found out that it is a SQL-Lite database.

Is it posibel to change the value from the tblImages manually. I mean there is a row "Encryption" with the value 1 and chage it to 0. Or cant this work because the Backup is realy encrypted? Or can help to replace the row "JobID" with a new JobID from a without a password?

I hope someone has a solution.

3 REPLIES 3

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Verwenden Sie eine Management Solution oder nur ungemanagte Clients?

Mir ist der Unterscheid nicht bekannt. Ich habe eine Installation auf dem Server die alle Platten auf ein externes NAS sichert.

Ich vermute es wir eine Client Solution sein.

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

OK, dann ist es mal einen Versuch wert die Datenbank zu editieren.