cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBS 2008 and Backup Exec System Recovery 2010

Charles_Szymasz
Level 3
I have a couple of questions that I would like to know if someone could help me with...

1. In SBS08, the SBS console states that the server backup has not been configured.. now I know the SBS backup has not been configured, but since I am using  BESR 2010 that it would either replace or stop the SBS console from barking about the backup not being setup..

2.Since Outlook cannot be installed on a Exchange server (SBS08) without issues... how can I restore a granual backup of emails when the BESR 2010 complains that Outlook is not installed? 

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

criley
Employee Accredited
1. I don't believe that BESR interacts in any way with the SBS console. This would probably be an enhancement request.

2. You can use the granular restore option on any machine to recover mail. As long as that machine has access to the recovery points, it should work.

Please mark the thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your questions.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

criley
Employee Accredited
1. I don't believe that BESR interacts in any way with the SBS console. This would probably be an enhancement request.

2. You can use the granular restore option on any machine to recover mail. As long as that machine has access to the recovery points, it should work.

Please mark the thread as solved if you consider this to have answered your questions.