cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When we are pushing policies out via ssr- ms

chrismatt83
Level 4

had a couple of questions When we are pushing policies out via ssr- ms to clients like like pushing out the plugin or the client. Is there a time that is automatically set set or once we hit save how long before it applies. The reason i'm asking is when i am pushing things out it takes a while and its not immediate. Is there a time that once we push we have to wait maybe 10 minutes ??

Secondly where are the logs on the management console so that I can see that a task is running or pushed or maybe even  failed and the reason for that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

I think the default intervall where the clients sync with the SSR MS (its a pull from the clients infact) is once per hour. But you can configure the in the NS servers settings. You can use the altiris Log viewer under start->Programs->Symantec->Diagnosis to browser the logs

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

I think the default intervall where the clients sync with the SSR MS (its a pull from the clients infact) is once per hour. But you can configure the in the NS servers settings. You can use the altiris Log viewer under start->Programs->Symantec->Diagnosis to browser the logs

criley
Employee Accredited

There are various options that you can set when pushing out packages.For example, this can be done straight away or via a set schedule.

Look at the bottom of the install policy screen....

chrismatt83
Level 4

Can you change the client sync time to every 20 minutes as such instead of once an hour..?...

criley
Employee Accredited

Yes. Please review the SMP user guide for details:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC4730

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

So all things clear now ?