cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows won't see boot drive after performing a system restore using BESR 8.5 for SBS2003

IT_KING
Level 2
I am currently testing BESR 8.5 for SBS2003 on a Primergy TX200 S4 equipped with an LSI Megaraid (LSISAS10689e) card to mirror 2 x SATA drives. Everything worked ok until I performed a complete system restore from an external USB2 drive using the system recovery cd. The files were successfully restored to the mirror and could be seen in the BESR cd viewer, but when I tried to boot up into windows the 'operating system not found' message appeared. I had selected the MBR restore option.
1 REPLY 1

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
There is considerable history of BESR having difficulties restoring to a LSI Mega RAID array. http://support.veritas.com/docs/291721 I would advise to use the BESR 8.51 build of the recovery disk, obtained the most updated firmware and controller drivers from LSI for this controller. Update the controller with the firmware and use within the recovery environment’s main menu, “Load a driver,” option to load the update driver and try the restore again; choose not to allow the system to reboot once it has finished the restore and use the menu option Utilities | Run Support tool | Gather technical support information to obtained the needed restore logs to open a ticket with Symantec Technical support.