cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

in-product supported hardware in SSR ?

SystemRestorEva
Level 2

Hello,

I'm evaluating SSR 2011, and attempt to restore a backup of IBM physical server model X3650 onto dissimilar hardware :

Dell Precision 5400 model ( not a server) works OK - uses Intel RAID hardware

Dell PowerEdge1995 model ( is a server ) fails - uses 'standard' DELL SAS 5 LSI RAID controller.

Restoring Win2003 server, after restore the booting screen "Windows 2003" appears briefly, then the server reboots in endless loop : I presume caused by missing the correct LSI RAID controller device drivers.

2 questions :

- is there a list of the hardware that is supported 'out-of-the-box' in SSR 2011. I can't seem to find it on the site

- If there is a missing device driver, how can I use it on restoring to dissimilar hardware ? During the process I find no options to supply/add drivers.

We're interested in the product, but ability to restore to dissimilar hardware is the key feature for us, so we need to understand exactly what will work and what won't.

any feedback is welcome

thanks

Jan

4 REPLIES 4

SystemRestorEva
Level 2

Correction : the Dell server is a PE1955 blade model , not 1995 as indicated above.

Jan

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

If you select the restore anywhere option AND SSR finds a missing driver, it prompts to supply one.

For the list of supported drivers, just insert the product CD, and select the verify drivers option in the program that starts up.

criley
Employee Accredited

- is there a list of the hardware that is supported 'out-of-the-box' in SSR 2011. I can't seem to find it on the site

This does not exist. In theory, all hardware is supported (although obviously there may be reasons why some hardware might not be supported).

Markus_Koestler
   VIP   

Have you verified the drivers ?