Forum Discussion

Jonbs
Level 4
11 years ago

Backaup exec appliance 3600 CASO

Hello,

I have a stage 4 Appliance Backup Exec 3600, all 4 are currently in production with jobs properly, I would like to set one of them as CASE and the other 3 as slaves.

These changes do not mean you have to start again with jobs, no?, Changing the configuration of applainces all information will be maintained, no?

It would follow the steps listed here?

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH178278

Regards, and thank you very much.

18 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • ...is there an antivirus installed? If so, turn it off and then try again.

Thanks!

• Error connecting to the remote computer. Ensurte that the computer is available, has WMI enable, and is not blocked by a firewall, 1603

• If I stop the firewall service lose access to the appliance.

thank!

• ...what sort of error are you receiving? Stop the firewwall and see if the installation completes.

Thanks!

• Hello, I am trying to install agents on the server administrator and all respond me with an error, it would be necessary to have a rule in the firewall?, I understand that this should already be done, no?

• ok, thank you very much, I'll do the tests and I commented as gone to register.

• Hi,

No, you don't need to start by recreating all the jobs at all.

This TN is pretty self-explanatory in how this needs to get done.

What I would suggest though, is getting copies of the Data/Catalogs folder on each appliance BEFORE adding them to the CASO. This gives you a roll-back option.

Thanks!