Forum Discussion

dgoodyear
Level 5
11 years ago

Exchange 2010 OWA Search Archives displays string of characters instead of page

We are currently running EV 9.02 on the server and have Exchange 2007.  We have our separate Exchange 2007 CAS servers that have the OWA extensions for EV installed and everything works well through outlook webmail internally and externally.  Regardless of internal or external location, users are sent directly to the EV server through the same url:  archive.domain.com 

We introduced Exchange 2010 in our environment including Exchange 2010 CAS servers with a CAS array configuration.  The environment while we migrate currently is webmail users hit the Exchange 2010 CAS servers first.  If they are a 2007 user, they are sent automatically over to the 2007 CAS servers as expected by Exchange and all is well.

I've gone through the setup for EV and OWA for 2010.  The extensions are installed on the 2010 CAS servers.  The ip addresses were updated in the Exchangeservers.txt file and the owauser.wsf script run.  I verified the registry to see the correct names and ports and addresses in place. If I log into outlook webmail with an exchange 2010 account, owa opens on the 2010 CAS servers as normal.  I see the see the Archive Explorer link and the Search Archives link.  When I click the Archive Explorer link, I receive a popup that lets me browse my archives.  If I click the Search Archives link, nothing happens the first time.  If I log out of webmail and log back in, then try clicking Search Archives, it opens in the right window pane with a long string of characters and numbers that looks formatted like:

1 DAGOODYEAR@domain.com DAGOODYEAR@domain.com EXMBX01 EXMBX01    V9.0.2.1061 65 0    0 1 1 0 1  14244616FEBED12468E170580BD3B3E191110000archive "archivename that i have access to" 9  1FF8B8091D97C19489DE0FF7894AAF6981110000archive "archive name I have access to" 9  

If I clear my browser cache and try again, the first time the search archives link does nothing.  Once i log out and log back into webmail, i receive the same string of information above.  If I right click on the page with the string above and select properties, it gives me a url that points to our ev server and my archive.  If I copy that url and paste it into a new browser tab, the search vaults page opens up without an issue.

The url is something like: https://archive.domain.com/EnterpriseVault/Searcho2k.asp?vaultid=16D546DA32E9DDE4D9A4D3AD1D0FAD5251110000archive&mbx=DAGOODYEAR@domain.com&server=EXMBX01&usebrowserview=True&OWA2007=1

I verified all of the pre-reqs are configured on the Exchange 2010 cas servers.  I tried repairing the EV owa extensions, resetting IIS, and rebooting the servers.  I tried turning on logging in web.config for OWA but nothing stands out in the logs as a problem.  Any thoughts or things to check that I've missed perhaps?  It almost seems like it just can't display the remote url page correctly in the owa 2010 pane.

15 Replies