cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disk expansion supported in Backup Exec Appliance

Zahid_Haseeb
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Assume that Symantec Backup Exec 3600 is the latest appliance available in the market. Kindly provide the following requested information please:

- Backup Exec only have 5.5 TB of disk space and new/additional disks cannot be added further in BE 3600 appliance to increase the available disk space.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The 3600 appliance does not have any expansion capability.

You might want to add this requirement as an Idea.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You can connect an additional external hard drive to the appliance and back up to this drive

Zahid_Haseeb

Thanks pkh for your words. I can do this as you said. Actually my question is specific to the disks which can be be added in to the appliance, Means I am asking the space in side appliance where I can add more disks as we can do in Netbackup appliance.

I feel that in Backup Exec case we have to buy another appliance which definately additional cost !

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The 3600 appliance does not have any expansion capability.

You might want to add this requirement as an Idea.

Zahid_Haseeb

It seems odd that we recommand our client to buy another appliance instead of adding disk space.

@ Symantec this appliance is from SMB to mid size company(correct me if I am wrong) which already feel bother to invest on such things moreover we recommand them to buy whole appliance instead to incvrease some GB/TB space

CraigV

Zahid: You've been on the forums for 5 years now and should know there is a dedicated section to this...as per below:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/backup-and-recovery/ideas

Thanks!

Zahid_Haseeb

Yes I know and thanks for correcting me