cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase an Symantec Backup Exec 3600 Appliance License

Borodino
Not applicable

Hello everyone!

Someone knows do I need to buy a license for Symantec Backup Exec 3600 Appliance separately from Appliance?

I mean if I have already buy the Appliance (for example Essential Protection Edition) need I to purchase an license for it?

Thank you

Yours respectfully,

ILYA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

You can contact the Symantec licensing department or a reseller to get what you need.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO42310

They will be able to assist. However, the appliance comes with a specific version of BE pre-installed so you shouldn't need to buy 1 at all.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

You can contact the Symantec licensing department or a reseller to get what you need.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO42310

They will be able to assist. However, the appliance comes with a specific version of BE pre-installed so you shouldn't need to buy 1 at all.

Thanks!

ecnivnaj
Level 5
Partner Accredited

You should receive a document regarding the Essential or Total protection License for your appliance.

V4
Level 6
Partner Accredited

hi Ilya

BE Appliance comes with license bundled in it  (Essential/Total)

http://eval.symantec.com/mktginfo/enterprise/other_resources/backup_exec_licensing_guide_21223660.en...

Ref: Licensing Guide for comparion between Appliance Suites

You may need to buy license in a-la-carte if appliance you bought had essential suite bundled. 

a-la-carte offers Enterprise Optino (CASO, LEO etc.) NDMP etc.

More details can be found on licensing guide.

Hope this clears your doubts

MusSeth
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Essential Protection Edition Included: 1.Symantec Backup Exec 2012 2.Symantec Critical System Protection 3.Deduplication Option 4.Agent for VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V 5.Agent for Windows Systems 6.Agent for Applications and Databases 7.Remote Agent for Linux Systems 8.Remote Agent for Mac Systems Optional: 1.Enterprise Server Option (includes Central Admin Server Option) 2.Remote Media Agent for Linux 3.NDMP Option 4.Library Expansion Option 5.Virtual Tape Library Unlimited Drive Option Total Protection Edition Included: 1.Symantec Backup Exec 2012 2.Symantec Critical System Protection 3.Deduplication Option 4.Agent for VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V 5.Agent for Windows Systems 6.Agent for Applications and Databases 7.Remote Agent for Linux Systems 8.Remote Agent for Mac Systems 9.Enterprise Server Option (includes Central Admin Server Option) 10.Remote Media Agent for Linux 11.NDMP Option 12.Library Expansion Option (support for 10 drives included) Optional: 1.Virtual Tape Library Unlimited Drive Option