cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0xe0000f02 error on Backup Exec 12.5

RobReab
Level 3
I'm getting this error when trying to backup to a remote server (Windows 2003 to Windows 2003). I've tried advertising via VXMON along with setting the network interface to All Available. I'm attempting to pass through a Linux firewall. I really think the answer to this is firewall related, rather than the conventional issues that I've already attempted. Any clues? - Rob
6 REPLIES 6

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Could you let me know whats the exact error message?

OR copy-paste the error message in the job logs. Try to check if the firewall is allowing port 10000. The port 10000  must be open as the remote agent communicates with the media server through port 10000.

Ruchi
Level 5
Employee Certified
1-Are you using any dedicated NIC cards?

2-Is there any application error in event logs for beremote?

RobReab
Level 3
This is the error when attempting a RAWS backup:

Final error: 0xe0000f02 - The media server could not connect to the remote computer. The remote computer may not exist on the selected subnet. Try an alternative network interface, or allow Backup Exec to choose any available network interface.
Final error category: Resource Errors

Application event log error:

Final error: 0xe0000f02 - The media server could not connect to the remote computer. The remote computer may not exist on the selected subnet. Try an alternative network interface, or allow Backup Exec to choose any available network interface.
Final error category: Resource Errors

This is the error when attempting an MS SQL backup:

Final error: 0xe000fe30 - A communications failure has occurred.
Final error category: Server Errors

Firewall is allowing port 10000

Single nic on the backup server

Dual nics on the remote server but only using one.

I just remembered this: I'm running Symantec AntiVirus v10.1. When installing, I noticed that there are supposed to be issues with this and BE 12.5. Could this be the problem?

By the way, I can browse the folder structure on the remote server from the backup server via BE backup.

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

Could you please try creating a new job with a new selection list, selecting the problem server for backups. This may be issue with the selection list as well.

RobReab
Level 3
Tried a new job as requested. Same error.

Final error: 0xe000fe30 - A communications failure has occurred.
Final error category: Server Errors

RobReab
Level 3
No recent response on this. Anyone out there have any suggestions?