Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0xe00084f4 Error

Omar-JMC
Level 2
Hi

I need help

Am running BackupExec 12.5 SP2 on a Windows Server 2003 SP2 for about a year now so the licenses are "new", so to speak.

My backup media is Tandberg RDX 300Gb media using the external USB drive.  The drive's firmware has been updated only a few days ago.

My server is running on a 3Ware SATA Raid card with BBU, configured on RAID5 and the data does not exceed 100Gb at present.

Up until the installation , tuning and updates to BackupExec, the daily night backup schedule was running fine.

As a removable media I have set the retention to 0 and backup as overwrite.

But about late July this year, this error appeared - 0xe00084f4 - an unknown error has occurred.

With multiple drives, the error occurs at any point of the backup.

I have tried deleting and creating new media sets, reformatting the RDX drive and scanning the RDX drive, but have had a successful backup to date.

An occassional console activated backup (3 times so far) have successfully completed its backup.

I have raised this issue to Tandberg but they have returned with what they can assist and that I should seek a solution fro your end now.

Appreciate the solution.

Thanks.

Omar 
2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
See if this helps:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/304634.htm

Omar-JMC
Level 2
Hi Craig

My RAID config was set to 64K stripes.  Think that rules out that solution.

The thing is it fails at any point during the backup session.  So I am unable to pinpoint the source.

Could it be due to fragmented long-file chain?  I have not defrag my server for quite a while now.

Any other solutions?

Thanx :)

Omar