cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0xe00084f8 - Remote Agent fails on Exchange Public Folders

Bas_Harnas
Level 3
0xe00084f8 - The network connection to the Backup Exec Remote Agent has been lost. Check for network errors.

This occurs on our media server. All other servers are doing fine. I checked the forum and also http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/258159.htm doesn't come with the right solution. We defragmented the Exchange databases, we defragmented the disks were the databases reside, no help.

The back-up job seems to hang around 400Mb.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated
4 REPLIES 4

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

If you are running the job to tape then try running job to a Backup to Disk folder..

Is this a remote backup ?

If so, how many NICs does the Exchange server have?

Does the problem occur during backup of public folders only?

Are the system partitions backed up without any problem?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Bas_Harnas
Level 3
Haven't tried the back-up-to-disk option no. I will try that too.

- No remote back-up. It is the back-up of the media server itself.
- Only one NIC is present.
- It seems only the Public Folders have the problem (already defragmented the Exchange databases as well)
- System partitions are backed up fine.

Thanks.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- Is the backup on the backup to disk folder sucessful?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.

Bas_Harnas
Level 3
The back-up to disk from Veritas itself didn't work either.
The NTBackup program did it fine by the way.

In the meantime I found the problem. Since the back-up of ONLY the Public Folders generated errors on a specific folder (even after defragmenting and repairing the databases several times).
It appeared that the troublesome public folder had 1.9 million items with a size of 1.7Gb. Since it wasn't necessary to keep these old mails I could put the Age Limit to 8 days and the Public Folder is cleaned and empty now.
And as a result also the back-up works fine again.

Maybe a thing to keep in mind for Veritas that back-ups of very large Public Folders will make the Remote Agent time out.

Thanks for the help