cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0xe0009444 - The requested source duplicate backup sets catalog record could not be found

ultan
Level 4
Hi,

I am using BE2010 and using a deduplication backup to backup a server. Now the initial back to disk using deduplciation works fine.. but the duplicate backup to tape give the error below.

0xe0009444 - The requested source duplicate backup sets catalog record could not be found.  Perhaps the media containing the source backup sets was previously deleted.

Seems there is something corrupted within the deduplication backup? Any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks,
Ultan
9 REPLIES 9

ultan
Level 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Look at this document http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/282797.htm on your error, particularly item 3.  Although it is about restoring data, it is relevant to you because when you try to duplicate dedup data to tape, the data has to be hydrated first.  Make sure that your disk has sufficient disk space to hydrate the data, i.e. if the actual data size is 50gb, you have 50gb of free space. 

ultan
Level 4
Right I try and catalog the deduplication storage folders but come up wit this error now.
e000810b - Physical Volume Library Drive not found.

Looks like the deduplication of this client is fubared. Is there a way to delete and start again?

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Cataloging your dedup storage folder will not not solve your problem.  Check that you have sufficient disk space for BE to hydrate (expand) the deduped data.

ultan
Level 4
weird though a restore from the deduplication file works fine and the OST folder where the restore comes from catalogs fine so you might be able to ignore my last post.
Still though it wont backup to tape

ultan
Level 4
I have 600GB to spare with the 1.5 GB being backed up, plenty of space there......
Any other ideas?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

BE will probably hydrate the deduped data to the disk pointed to by the temp folder which in most cases are located on the C drive.  Does the C drive have sufficient spare space?

TrentB
Not applicable

This makes sense. I have 3 media servers and a CASO. They sometimes finish on 2 servers and never finish on a third. The C drive on the 2 MS that do sometimes finish to tape have enough to do one tape. I have 2 Tape drives per Media server. The third has 80 gig for a C: drive and never finished.

Do I change the setting on the CASO, Medias Server or Both to point elsewhere? I use Direct attached storage for my Dedupe Disk Folders. They would be the only ones able to handle 2 tapes running at once.

Current Space:
MS1  10TB used out of 23TB
MS2    8TB used out of 23TB
MS3    2TB used out of 14TB

I should have plenty of space to rehydrate 2 tapes at a time but will it impact performance on the depupe jobs? The rehydrate to tape takes quite a long time and spill over into the daily Incramentals and some fulls I do at night and the SQL log backups run all day.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Do I change the setting on the CASO, Medias Server or Both to point elsewhere?

You should change the setting on the media servers.