cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0xe000fe46 - No data stores can be initialized. The software is most likely installed incorrectly.

JCook
Not applicable
Hi;

I hope this is were I can ask these types of questions.

We have BE 12 running inside a MS-Cluster.  One of our jobs has been backing up a Domino server that is outside the cluster.   Last week (after over two months of working just fine)  these jobs began to fail with the following error:

Final error: 0xe000fe46 - No data stores can be initialized. The software is most likely installed incorrectly.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65094

We've tried the resolutions stated in the following Document ID's without the problem being resolved: 302454,  294631, 309222

Does anyone else know of any other steps we might try?

Thanks JCook
2 REPLIES 2

Corelianer2
Not applicable

I had exactly the same problem for a very long time and could solve it with lots of investigation on my side and a liddle help from symantec support. I wana post it here so that you can get rid of the problem faster than I, because it took me several weeks to figure out what was wrong:

My Configuration:

Media Server:
Windows 2003 R2 64-Bit English with Backup Exec 2010

Domino Server:
Windows 2003 R2 64-Bit English with Lotus Domino 8.5.1 32-Bit (without FP)
Blackberry Enterprise Server and Repligo

First we turned on the debugging mode on the Lotus Domino Server with some registry settings provided by the symantec support (I don't remember wich one this where).

For further investigation I used Process Explorer: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653

Then there where Logs created on the Domino Server under C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS\logs every time I browsed the Databases.

SERVERNAME-lnapi0-browse-00.log (For belnapi.exe and belnapi32.exe)
SERVERNAME-beremote01.log (For beremote.exe)

On the printscreen you see there was the Notes LoadLibrary Failed. Error code (c1). That means there is something wrong with the nnotes.dll file.

The log showed that the nnotes.dll could not be Loaded so the Process Monitor was used to search for nnotes.dll

We made sure only 1 nnotes.dll exists on the server (uninstalled Lotus Notes Admin Client from the Server). I tested it out, it has no influence on the server if there are several nnotes.dll files.

It turned out at the end that in my case it was a combination of two problems:

1. Problem: Backup Exec assumed that Lotus Domino was installed in 64-Bit Mode

After the browsing on the media server , the program beremote.exe and belnapi32.exe should be active. The belnapi32.exe is for Lotus Domino 32-Bit, the belnapi.exe is for Lotus Domino 64-Bit.

After the browsing on the Media Server I could figure out with the help of the ProcessMonitor, the belnapi.exe instead of the belnapi32.exe got started (see Printscreen).

Because the registry Key HKLM\Software\Lotus existed, Backup Exec assumed, that Lotus Domino is installed in 64-Bit mode. In the registry there are two keys:

HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Lotus (plus subkeys), this key is responsable for the 32-bit Domino.

Solution: After deleting of HKLM\Software\Lotus (and subkeys), Backup Exec knows that Lotus Domino is installed in 32-Bit. (Warning, do a backup of the Key before you delete it)

2. Problem: Something was wrong with the environment variable %Path% in the System

In the Process Explorer it was noticable, that the file nnotes.dll was called with the wrong Path (see Printscreen):

The environment variable Path had a problem. With executing the command ECHO %Path% in the command prompt, it showed a different result than the system field. And a double entry for C:\Domino (that's the path where I installed our Domino Server)

Because the field on the printscreen is to small here the full expression:
C:\Windows\System32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Webem;C:\Program Files\HP\NCU;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Tools\Binn\;C:\Domino

--> here the Domino Path appears only once! WTF!!!

Solution: Remove the Path C:\Domino (or where your Domino Server Path is) out of the environment variable Path from the System Properties

I still don't know what happened to the %Path% variable to be different in the System Properties and the command prompt, but at least the problem is solved wink

pkh
   VIP    Certified

This is an old discussion.  You should start a new discussion for your problem.