cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

10.1 backup failures

Chris_Zelek
Level 2
I inherited a failing backup problem when I came on board here. We run two backups a night -- one to disk and one to tape; both run for hours and copy data, then fail at the end with the same errors.

Checking the knowledgebase here, there's a very similar error, but with one apparently crucial difference:

At http://support.veritas.com/docs/274993, our error message is nearly the same, except instead of the error occurring at "Writer Name: Removable Storage Manager...State: Failed during freeze operation (9)." ours is "Writer Name: Registry...State: Failed during prepare snapshot operation (8)." I've followed the troubleshooting advice for the above posted suggestion, and it did not work or change the error message at all. I also went into the Event Viewer and followed the MS knowledgebase suggestion to re-create the RSS database by removing and re-installing the tape device -- again, didn't change a thing.

Any ideas for where I can go next or something else to try to get these backups to complete would be very appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris.
0 REPLIES 0