cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10.X - DLO Agent will not install on Windows XP 64 bit Edition

Mike_Egli
Level 2
We have the Veritas Backup Exec Enterprise, with the Exchange, SQL, and about a half dozen other modules. All of our users are Windows desktop/laptops and have had the DLO agent installed on them for months. A new batch of laptops we recently ordered have come in with 64 bit edition installed, and the basic DLO agent refuses to install as it recognizes that this is a different version of windows.

Could you provide me with a link to where I could go to download the 64 bit version of your DLO agent so we can get these protected ASAP?

Also, where can I download the server side agent? I expect to be getting a few Opteron servers in the next couple weeks as well.
2 REPLIES 2

Mike_Egli
Level 2
Let me guess . . . . Veritas' DLO desktop agent does not support our new batch of laptops? If that's the case, could someone from Veritas please give us an ETA on DLO working on WIndows XP 64 bit edition? We have more invested in the laptops than the Veritas software if you know what I mean.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Refer the link given below :

http://support.veritas.com/docs/264952
How to install the Backup Exec Desktop and Laptop Option desktop agent

-Is it Windows XP pro SP2 Operating System installed on Laptops ?

-please give the exact error message.

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.