cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10.d Console on remote computer

Richard_Jablonk
Level 3
Can I setup the console on a remote XP computer. Everytime I try to load it says SERVER service not running. In my old Backup exec it had a java remote console. How can I load the console on a remote workstation? Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
You can go through the following Articles:
How to install the Backup Exec 10.x for Windows Servers Remote Administration Console.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/281239

What is the Backup Exec Web Administration Console and how is it installed?
http://support.veritas.com/docs/253932

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please write back if you have further Questions.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.

Richard_Jablonk
Level 3
That would be great if I could get that far. Unfortunately when I try to install on a Windows XP professional workstation, it says can't start installation because the "SERVER" service isn't running.

I was able to install the console great on a windows 2000 server. Is there a workaround?

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello Richard,

I assume that you have checked that the server Service is running then.

- This could also be an issue of the SOFTWARE Firewall on the XP machine.
- Please try disabling the Firewall or adding beremote.exe as an exception to it.
- Also if you trying an push Install it wont work on XP machine. You will need to do a local Installation.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.

Richard_Jablonk
Level 3
In order to turn the SERVER service on you must have File and Print Sharing installed in XP. It was then able to install. In order to use the program you must have Microsoft Client installed and appropriate entries in your hosts file. After I did all these things it worked fine.