cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11d Exchange Agent not working

Randolph_Addiso
Level 2
I recently upgraded from 10d to 11d. The Exchange Agent continued to work. This morning I completely uninstalled Backup Exec and reinstalled 11d cleanly. This time, however, the Exchange Agent, though part of the installation, does not seem to be working. In the backup list, rather than seeing Individual Mailboxes and Public Folders, I only see the Information Store.

Is there something obvious I am missing? There are no errors in the application log pertaining to Backup Exec and it works just fine otherwise.

Thank you for your time.
6 REPLIES 6

Erik_Harriman
Level 3
Sounds like permissions to me. Make sure the account you are using to connect to the Exchange server has mailbox level rights.

Randolph_Addiso
Level 2
The accont has been given full permission at the server level (within Exchange System Manager) and propogates down to the First Storage Group and Public Folders. I also tried using the main administrator account to the domain for starting the services and the Backup Exec default logon and it continues to not work.

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Is the mailbox of the Backup Exec account activated-have you configured the profile for the account in Outlook?

Make sure that the mailbox is not hidden in the Global Address List..

Regards
Padmaja

Hamid_Aiche
Not applicable
Partner Accredited
Hi

Its not enough to be an to have access to users mailbox. More than this, Administrators have by default been denied access (Send / Receive as right) on the users mailbox. You can check this in properties under SecurityTab. So you have to add this right manually for the Backupexec Account.

Good luck

Will_FEATHERSTO
Level 3
I have the exact same issue and have verified all steps mentioned in this thread... Also, I have run backups of the Information Store to a Backup-to-Disk Folder... And receive the following message/error:

>>
The job completed successfully. However, the following conditions were encountered:

The Backup Exec Remote Agent on the resource does not support the option to enable the restore of individual items. A backup was run, but you will not be able to restore individual items from this backup set"
>>

Thank You for your help!

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Check the file version of beremote.exe on the remote server.

On the media server uncheck the option of "Enable restore of individual mail messages and folders from Information Store backups" in the "Microsoft Exchange" properties.

Since the error message that you are getting is completely different,if the problem persists, could you please open a new thread for this issue?

Regards
Padmaja