cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11d & notes

Jonas_Axman
Level 2
Im posting my experiences and problems with 11d and notes. Hopefully someone has some ideas what to do.

We have three lotus notes servers. Especially one of these gives us trouble. At first no backups at all was possible from this one, even if we use the domino agent. Now we get successful backups half of the time and problems verifying 1 or 2 files the other half. That is acceptable I guess in a short term.

What I have done is to change the file lock to "without file lock". I do not use the "advanced open file" option. I have also changed the change journal registry setting to 0 but I do not think this helped us.

I noticed that these backup problems (nsf file is in use and so on) does not come up if I backup using and odinary windows share. But what are the consequenses of that more exactly?

Well, to the point. Now it at least seems as if the backups work for the most part as I said. If I restart the backup exec agent on the notes servers every day that is. Otherwise the job will just stop efter a couple of days and not get past the notes server. Thats OK I suppose as long as a fix is on the way. But what is not acceptable is that there probably is a 50% chance that the agent locks up and can not be stopped or started. The result is that I have to reboot the servers and that is _not_ an option. Not when I have to do this maybe 2-3 times a week.

Do you have any suggestions on how to solve this? I am going to try using the 10d agent on the notes servers and see if this can work as a solution for now.
3 REPLIES 3

Florian_Stamm
Level 3
Hi Jonas
I have the same problem with notes agent. the only thing I can do
is kill the beremote.exe process in task manager and then restart the service with BE if the agent hangs.

Jonas_Axman
Level 2
I installed the 10d agent yesterday and now it seems as if the jobs are running as they should. They warn of course because of the old agent but that is better then nothing. :)

bob_strudwick_2
Not applicable
I'm new to the forums, so am hoping that i'm in the right place. We are a partner using 11d internally on Domino servers. Since the upgrade from 10 we are getting all the same problems as already reported. I have tried everything except the older agent, which is the next action. I also have a problem where databases in the domino tree are not displayed at all, and even the folder structure can be missing. This is on both local media server and on a remote domino server. Domino versions 6.54 and 7.01FP1. Completely deinstalled and reinstalled 11d to make sure. Still no good.
We also now have a customer who upgraded and has the same problems.
My question is: Is this now a recognised problem by Symantec, and is anyone aware if a fix is in the pipeline?