cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11d to 12 remote agents question

Texkonc
Level 3

Our Media server is running 11d rev7170.

Our remote agents are 11 rev7170.

Couple questions:

We have 3 servers that run the VSP, so a reboot will be required for those agents to be updated.

Can I upgrade media server to 12, and reinstall the remote agents on the servers that don't use VSP and still run ver11 remote agents on those 3 servers and they will continue to back up until i upgrade those to 12?

The 3 are terminal servers and SQL, so it is hard to find a time to reboot those.

Can i just update the remote agents from the media server, or will have to maunally uninstall the agents?

3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

According to the SCL you can use v10d and v11 Remote Agents with a v12 media server  "for the purpose of rolling upgrades only"  (ie: your situation exactly)

The downlevel agents are NOT, however supported in a production environment

Texkonc
Level 3
Will licences need to updated or are they BE licences no matter what version you use?  When my Manager setup the account, they added upgrade protection or some kind of upgrade package.  So im guessing that will be fine, correct?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

If you have upgrade protection, you should be able to get v12 serials without additional cost, but you'll need to contact Symantec to do it