cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12D Move Server from x64 back to x86. Cannot make selection on remote servers anymore.

CarlP
Not applicable

I have installed 12D Rev 1364 successfully installed on a temporary 2003 x64 server. (I say it is temporary as it is a PC acting as a server until I retired one of our old servers to use as a new dedicated backup server)

On the new server it is 2003 x86 server. I have installed12D Rev 1364 and successfully copied the jobs database from the x64 machine to the new x32 server (used article 288640)

My problem is that when i look at the backup selections under Domains > Microsoft Windows Network > {domain} > {Server}, it has nothing selected initially and the icon looks grey with a yellow exclamation mark on it. When i expand the server, the selections are there but it won't remember them.

I assume the problem is to do with the remote agent on the destination server. Can i keep the origional x64 sever agents and have a x86 media server using the same agents? I need to keep the origional x64 backups running until ican test the new x86 server is working.

I know it seems the wrong way round but origionally we where going to keep the x64 PC as a media server but is now struggling.

Thanks in advance.

Carl

1 REPLY 1

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
I assume (I knoe, I know0 that by x86 you mean 32-bit x86? The remote agent should talk to either a 32 or 64-bit media server with no problem Dou you have your RAWS serials instaleld on the 32-bit media server? Have you tried publishing the agent to both media servers? see the Admin Guide page 892