cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

200 Gig Catalog

Joel_Savage
Level 3
I am trying to put my 200 gigs worth of catalogs back into backup exec However, It takes an enormous amoutn of time for the BE SQL serrver to initialize all of this data.

BE starts however use of the product is limited. You can't click on the restore tab until the server is done initializing all the catalogs I have done this with a 70 gig catalog directory but it took about 5 hours.

The other problem is if jobs kick off while the initialization is going on, the jobs will backup the data but the job will not complete until it is able to write data to the DB and since SQL is going 180Mph trying to read your catalogs nothing else can happen.

Is there a way of speeding this up or another way of importing catalog files versus copying them into the catalog directory and restarting the BE services?

Thanks for any help in advance.
4 REPLIES 4

Joel_Savage
Level 3
Does anyone have any suggestions?

A_van_der_Boom
Level 6
No not really, I don't if you really need those 200GB worth of catalog files. You might try to only copy a few files and then starting the BE services. After that add more files and restart the BE services again. Don't know if this would work though.

Regards
A van der Boom

Joel_Savage
Level 3
I thought these forums were moderated? Why has there been no comment from a Veritas expert?

Joel_Savage
Level 3
That would take a long time but looks like it might be my only solution